Long Distance Relations

BelgianBoy

"One group behaves normally, i.e. all GTG's, so not really a problem...... another group are ex-Pattaya hookers, and they are still behaving as such...."

Yep BB, when it comes to behaviour many do create an unhealthy environment! I am also counting days..Although I'll just be passing through Bangkok to HaNoi. 26 days to go...

Cheers!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>>>When it comes to family, remember that many of them live away from family in LOS in the first place.<<<<

Very, very, good point. One that is often overlooked. Vast majority of B/G's have baby (babies) living back in Isaan with parents, hense the reason they are into the business. Someone needs to support the 'clan', and they are the only viable option, with original baby-maker having long since departed.

HT

Hi,

[color:"red"] One group behaves normally, i.e. all GTG's, so not really a problem...... another group are ex-Pattaya hookers, and they are still behaving as such.... [/color]

For people like me which are often called 'snobs", the behaviou of some ex-BG embarassed us. Not all, mind you, some behave well, better than the NonBG, but what I don't understand is, they know enough about social behaviour but do not want to improve, may be it is the anti-norm spunk in them. What do you think?

By the way, I admire the women who hardly know about the country of the men they are married to, but go with the husbands any how. I don't know that I can do it, I am chicken.

Cheers!

I'm not sure living away from family inside Thailand is really all that relevent as far as a young Thai lady will adapt to farangland.

In Thailamd they're never more than a bus-or train-ride away from Isaan, on a transportation system they understand, among almost exclusively other Thais, and for which it's cheap and easy for them to get to Isaan for a weekend or a week at the drop of a hat. Also it's quick and easy to phone up to the village.

Being in farangland, yes, the notion of being "separated" might still exist and be similar, but there's also equally the notions of being insulated and isolated that don't exist when they're in Thailand.

In other words, all forms of being "away from home" are not created equal. It's really tough for me to imagine true long-term happiness in the majority of these situations (ie, Thai girl to farangland).

Hey Belgium boy I know you were joking - I'd have to have the oldest wife on the board otherwise, though I do joke with her about shagging her grandmother!

no the son is only seven, though his English is coming on.

I agree with you on the flower /vase thing, the few girls I know who have moved abroad would prefer to be living in Thailand but due to commitments financial or emotional have bitten the bullet and moved abroad.

Archived