Views on abortion

Hi,

Was wondering the general view on abortion by Thai ladies, and if it differs greatly between GTG's and B/G's? Particularly when related to either group not having a boy friend/husband to support them, at the time they learn of their condition. Thanks.

HT

What I do know is only the opinion of my GF. I raised this subject several times. She is completely against it and told me that according to Buddhist religion that's equal with killing a human being. For her any further discussion ends here.

I'd also be interested to learn about the opinion of our female Thai board members, namely GTG's opinion.

I, for my part, find it very difficult to make up my mind on this subject. Perhaps my GF is right, who knows?

>>>What I do know is only the opinion of my GF. I raised this subject several times. She is completely against it and told me that according to Buddhist religion that's equal with killing a human being. For her any further discussion ends here.<<<

I really don't know, and that's why I asked. I suspected this might be the case though, because of their religion. But so is prostitution. And they seem to get around that fairly easily. But then again, no one is 'directly' dying because of prostitution. Again...I was just curious. What lead me to posting this was another poster looking for preggo B/G dancers. I was thinking 'fat chance' (no pun intended), and what do b/g's do when faced with this dilema, as I doubt mamasan is going to keep her on the payroll for very long. I was thinking 'back to the village' if no support for her was evident, and wondering how often this happens.

Thanks for the reply. It's the 'true life stories' that paint the true pictures for us.

HT

I think most of Thais would never agree with abortion unless you had been raped and got pregnant.

But for me I would want to support that abortion should be legal in Thailand(yeah, i know impossible) The women are own the right to decide. If they want to have a baby then have ,but if they have a hard life unable to take care ,or get them a properly education? As a woman I dont think any of us would want to go through that horrible experience.But for those teen-age girls, bar-girls,house wife who made the mistake whatsoever I believe thier have a good reason.

Hi 007,

I haven't talked to you in a while. How are you doing? I'm glad you're back.

Please tell me, why you think most of Thai's would never agree to abortion. Is it religion? Or more culture, do you think? Thanks.

HT

Life's circumstances leave a great deal for interpretation in all the great religions. whether it be the christian bible or the muslim scrolls or the budhist canons.

Your faith and predicament as a good deciple should guide you how to proceed. I hopw it coincides with your will :-) smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Give your sould to Satan ( or at least consider the Budha's path)!

>>>Life's circumstances leave a great deal for interpretation in all the great religions.<<<

I think not, honestly.

But....that's a different thread. smile.gif

Topic is how do Thai women inherently feel about abortion, within their culture, and why?

HT

I am amused by this Buddhist morality which forbids killing yet condones the death penalty. The same dichotomy exists for the religious right in the west. Also for those who favour abortion yet dont condone the ultimate penal sanction. I would have thought that if one held life so dear, they would frown on both. I'm not pushing my own views on the subject, just pointing out the bind.

Cheers

Jaga

I agree with you. There are double standards. As far as I know most religions prohibit killing of human beings but still in many countries death penalty is the most severe capital punishment. Perhaps people believe that's ok as long as such punishments are ordered by legal bodies and not by individuals. It's interesting that all countries with Buddhist or Buddhist affiliated religions (Japan/Korea/Taiwan/China) use death penalties for severe crimes. I'm not sure about Sri Lanka and Bhutan.

Archived