Iron Jack Coming To Bangkok Soon

panadolsandwich

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but Iron Jack could be making it's way to Bangkok Bars soon! Perhaps the young rascals in marketing weren't aware that and Iron is a poof, via Cockney rhyming slang 'Iron Hoof'. Comedy genius Peter Sellers did a great take on this in the song, 'Any Old Iron', which became a big hit.

So if you lift an Iron Jack to your mouth, well.... I can't imagine they'd call it poofters jack, and then try to associate it with long held Australian values such as loyalty, strength and mateship. Lol.

https://www.brewsnews.com.au/2017/08/11/lion-takes-on-great-northern-with-iron-jack/

Lion has launched Legendary Brewing Co., a new trade mark that has initially spawned a mid-strength beer called Iron Jack.

Iron Jack is “a mid-strength, modern Australian lager inspired by long held Australian values such as loyalty, strength and mateshipâ€, Lion said in a statement.

The clear bottle, lifestyle beer appears to be a challenger for CUB’s Great Northern Super Crisp, the success of which has not been lost on Lion, which has long had the mid-strength market leader in XXXX Gold.

“Probably the fastest growing beer brand in the country at the moment is a beer called Great Northern Super Crisp from CUB, and they’ve contemporised mid-strength even further,†Lion MD James Brindley said in March 2016.

According to Lion, Iron Jack has been brewed with Australia’s hot, rugged climate in mind.

“Give it a whiff and you’ll pick up a little bit of hop aroma – give it a gulp and you’ll see the bitterness has been kept low to deliver maximum, thirst-crushing refreshment,†the brewer’s statement says.

Lion brand director Jack Mesley said the story of Iron Jack is inspired by fabled Australian outdoorsmen, known for telling their mates a tall tale around a warm camp fire with a cold beer.

“We know drinkers want to buy brands that resonate with their own values or inspire them in some way. We want to encourage Aussie men to get out and explore the great outdoors, have an adventure and create stories that will build their own personal legend,†he said. Iron-Jack-Image-1-600x346.jpgThe story of Iron Jack is inspired by fabled Australian outdoorsmen,

Under the beer’s bottle tops will be the latitude and longitude coordinates for 100 remote camping, fishing and 4WD-ing locations, as well as some classic Aussie pubs.

“Iron Jack is the first chapter of The Legendary Brewing Co, a trade mark that was created to celebrate Australian culture and the sharing of stories over a beer,†Mesley said.

“As brewers, we’ve also had some legendary stories told from some of the best known breweries around – Castlemaine, Tooheys, Boag’s and West End. We hope there are many more chapters to come.â€

Iron Jack’s launch will be supported through a multi-channel advertising campaign, ongoing content and influencer activity, event activations and sponsorship, on and off premise activity as well as social media and PR.

It will be available in 330ml bottles, 375ml cans and on tap from September 4.

Perhaps a reprise of Brokeback mountain where Jack Twist a rodeo cowboy (Jake Gyllenhaal) goes on to play 'Iron Jack' in the Australian wilderness - to discover adventure - and let's face it, build his own personal legend over a campfire where he seduces young men on the flimsy excuse of a fishing trip. How sordid.

Peter Sellers my arse

Song was first recorded in 1911 by Harry Champion Sellers was 1957 stop trying to rewrite history

For the record “Ironâ€as in “Iron hoof†poof is rarely used more common is “Ginger†as in Ginger Beer ... Queer and now you know how Biggles side kick got his nickname

Ummm, I faintly recall that I said Peter Sellers did a 'take' on the song. :dunno:

Anyhow well spotted, but I still think even though the usage is a bit antiquated, the marketing team could have done better due diligence. Which was my whole point - these antiquated terms have a habit of becoming current again and biting you on the arse. Any old iron, ironically could have told you that.

I suppose Ginger Jack wouldn't really have worked. What about Friend of Dorothy Jack? Woolly Jack? Payaso Jack? Campy Jack? Jack in the Box? Jack with benefits? Jack con amistad?

Brokeback Jack?

PanadolSandwich TM - destroying multi-million dollar marketing campaigns with deceptive ease.

Bill Hicks - if you are in marketing: kill yourself, seriously.

I stand corrected, you did say "Take" so i go and stand in the corner for a couple of hours wearing the Dunces Hat.

You missed out our very own FIERY JACK, what an oversight.

Jesting asides, I imagine that "Iron" or "Iron Hoof" was a made up Cock a Knee phrase to take the piss and here is why.

To be a True Cockney one has to Born one has to be born within the radius of where one can hear the peal of the bells from Bow Church down the East End of Lawn Den. There was Historically only one Football Ground within that radius, The Boleyn Ground aka Upton Park, the old Home of West Ham United who started out as Thames Ironworks and Nickname being "The Irons" Ya see where I am coming from.

Okay you win - if only they'd called it Fiery Jack! Geez if only those marketing blowhards had consulted us first!

Okay you win - if only they'd called it Fiery Jack! Geez if only those marketing blowhards had consulted us first!

There is no Win Lose or draw when we are talking bollox, and I am very adapt of talking bollox, so if you are saying I talk a load of shite then I thank you for the compliment

Fiery Jack as much as it sounds like a painful haemorrhoids treatment it is actually the title to a song from a mate of mine Mark E Smith "The Fall"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L60GziFpdA4

I do Prefer Palin "Biggles Goes to see Bruce Springsteen" mind you, tickles my funny bone