• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Stickman

Stickman

sheep shagger

• Members
  • 1780 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 20:39

An American resident records his battle with a taxi driver on his mobile phone camera after getting in to a cab near Soi Cowboy to go a couple of klicks down the road to Thonglor.  The driver gets quite animated at one point.

https://www.youtube....h?v=l3fPE_gw3pI

Not sure this sort of thing is a good idea.  This driver is not in uniform, is probably unlicenced and putting pressure on a driver like this could cause them to become unpredictable.  That said, people seem keen to help the American passenger when the cab stops.

#2 bust

bust

Beach Inspector

• Board Sponsors
  • 13087 posts
  • LocationNot where I should be

Posted 18 August 2017 - 21:28

Not often you get to see the worst of 'Merikans and the worst of Thais in one video :wink:

Worst experience I had in a  Bangkok taxi was grabbing one from Nana to Cowboy and about 2 minutes into the trip the driver locked the windows and doors then farted. Was putrid :cussing:
"I get enough exercise just pushing my luck"

#3 cavanami

cavanami

I've outlived my dick!

• Board Sponsors
  • 15258 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:12

Lose-lose situation. Many taxi now roll down their window to inquire where you want to go to. The majority decline to
take you and drive away.

For me, it is a waste of time to take a video and report them. What will the police do...most likely nothing!

If an incident develops and you and the taxi driver are taken to the police station...most likely they will believe the Thai and
will jam you up!!

Easier to find another taxi.
I can say in the past 20 years I have only had two bad taxi drivers; 1 who had his meter set at twice the fare and the other
took a very long about route just running the meter up.

At the airport, many taxi drivers will negotiate the fare with me, no meter but I live 80 Km from the airport and what we
negotiate has always been less then a meter would have been. I give a good tip and have never had a dissatisfied taxi driver
from the airport.

YMMV
Pam (Jim's GF): "Do you actually put your dick in her?"

Jim Morrison (The Doors): "Well...yes...sometimes."

#4 Flashermac

Flashermac

Curmudgeon

• Board Sponsors
  • 53956 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:06

Rule #1 - Never, ever take a parked taxi, especially one in the tourist areas! They are waiting for their prey, like a vulture. I always walk a few blocks and flag down a moving taxi. If the driver gives me any hassle, I wave him on and try another. I've very seldom a problem, but admittedly I always speak Thai with them. This doufas allegedly lives here ... but can't even carry on a simple conversation in Thai? Why the hell not? The first thing you do in any do in any foreign country is learn the absolute minimum of the language needed to get around. A vocabulary of no more than 100 words is enough to cover most situations.
A happy childhood... is the worst possible preparation for life. - Kinky Friedman

#5 Mekong

Mekong

City Slicker

• Board Sponsors
  • 10359 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:35

What a Muppet, talk about making a Mountain out of a mole hill.

Walk away and live to party another day

Does he not remember the Troy Pilkington incident from 4-5 years ago?

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

#6 yfs

yfs

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 19:41

He's lucky the driver didn't attack him with a rusty farm tool.

#7 scoobydoo

scoobydoo

addict

• Board Sponsors
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 21:59

#8 bust

bust

Beach Inspector

• Board Sponsors
  • 13087 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 22:33

Ronnie who? :dunno:

#9 bust

bust

Beach Inspector

• Board Sponsors
  • 13087 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 23:32

https://www.facebook....xt=0&width=167

No idea why the format is so large. Rink below if anyone cares to educate me :wink:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook...xt=0&width=267" width="267" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

#10 Shit-Spattered Dog

Shit-Spattered Dog

addict

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:27

Just an  another example of a ugly american.
That passenger was looking for trouble.

Shit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users