Thai Woman Defends Trespass At Yellowstone Park After Online Criticism

Flashermac

post-98-0-82683200-1502975956_thumb.jpeg

A THAI woman has defended her walk around a fragile, off-limits thermal area at Yellowstone National Park in the United States after a video clip featuring her apparent trespass appeared online.

“No, I didn’t violate any rules. Had I broken a rule, I would have received a warning from park officials,†she said in a phone interview yesterday with the Thai Channel 3 Tieng Wan Tun Hetkarn TV programme.

She said she did not think the area was dangerous because the warning sign was very small.

“Had it been dangerous, there would have been a big sign or fence to prevent tourists from going into the area,†she said. :dunce:

The women appeared in a video clip, which was recorded by a non-Thai on July 27 and posted online.

The clip shows several tourists gathered around a small pool, with the last two women leaving seeming not to know the area was dangerous.

While the clip shows a sign posted warning of dangerous conditions, it was relatively small and installed almost at ground level.

The sign reads: “Danger. Fragile Thermal Area. Stay on officially marked and maintained trails.â€

One of the women in the clip even smiled at the camera and said she was Thai.

http://www.nationmul...tional/30323908