Will Los Be Next?

zzzz

The "government supported" universities (Thammasat, Chula, Mahidol, Kaset, Chiang Mai etc) are low cost (but hard to get into). The rachaphat universities are fairly cheap too (and much easier to get into). It's only the private unies that are costly, and even they are quite low compared to the US. Abhisit long ago made primary and secondary education free.

I tried to persuade some friends in the States to send their kids to Thai universities, since the English language international programmes are good and properly accredited. In the States now it takes at least a bachelors to get almost any job, and it doesn't really matter where you went. You just have to have that piece of paper. But they wouldn't hear of it and now are groaning about how much in debt they are.

• Like 1

The "government supported" universities (Thammasat, Chula, Mahidol, Kaset, Chiang Mai etc) are low cost (but hard to get into). The rachaphat universities are fairly cheap too (and much easier to get into). It's only the private unies that are costly, and even they are quite low compared to the US. Abhisit long ago made primary and secondary education free.

I tried to persuade some friends in the States to send their kids to Thai universities, since the English language international programmes are good and properly accredited. In the States now it takes at least a bachelors to get almost any job, and it doesn't really matter where you went. You just have to have that piece of paper. But they wouldn't hear of it and now are groaning about how much in debt they are.

. What would it take for my son, who has dual citizenship, to get into Chiangmai University in 9 years from now? That's about the time that I'll be moving back to my house in CM.

I'm going to check into this for my lazy grandson who's been living in my household for the last several years. He graduated last year from high school and is planning to go somewhere to college.

. What would it take for my son, who has dual citizenship, to get into Chiangmai University in 9 years from now? That's about the time that I'll be moving back to my house in CM.

Remember, your son would be subject to being drafted into the Thai military!