Dogs At The Table

bust

As mentioned in other posts, the dogs are often cuisine when on the table in SEA. I just thought I'd mention, that there are several dog restaurants in my neighbourhood in Vientiane, even some next to a temple, down the road a bit.

Whilst I have never eaten dog, I would, if it was already on the plate and cooked, through no action of mine. Same same Horse, Donkey, Cat and Vegan.

It's a cultural problem, not a health one IMHO. In a proper restaurant in the west, Sydney, Auckland et al, I'd prefer that people with Lap Dogs were deported. My Dining experience in the west is predicated on some peace and quiet, good food and no-one faffing about with FooFoo and Fluffykins.

In South East Asia, its a different culture and my concerns are that flies, sewer rats and cockroaches are distant from my food. Things on my table, like bar girl's minges, are less objectionable.

The point is that while it is illegal to have dogs in the same place food is being served I expect it to be upheld. You may be happy to have your dog lick your face but that is your choice. I would not want it doing the same to me nor it sitting at the table with you at a restaurant while I am eating slobbering all over you. Not really what I want to see while I am eating.

Owners and dogs are a bit like parents and dirty nappies. You don't mind changing your own kids but be fucked if I could stomach doing someone else's child.

There is no such thing as a bad dog, just a bad owner :cover:

Hi,

If it is illegal to have a dog there, then I agree with you. However looking at the law you quoted it seems that in this case it was legal for the dog to be there. And thus it becomes a case that you thought it was inappropriate. Same how some people object to public breastfeeding for instance.

So, seeing that the dog was already there, and was allowed to be there, before you came, you could have just left and eaten somewhere else rather than make a scene.

Sanuk!

Ok did some research and found the following.

A dog, except a restricted or declared dangerous or menacing dog, is allowed in the outdoor dining area of a cafe or restaurant with the cafe or restaurant owner's consent. Certain restrictions apply:

• The outdoor dining area must not be enclosed and must be accessible without the requirement to pass through an enclosed area
  • The dog must be on a leash at all times
  • The dog may be provided with drink, but not food
  • The dog must be on the ground at all times

These restrictions do not apply in leash-free areas where:

• The dog does not have to be on a leash
  • The dog may be given food, as well as drink, while it is on the ground (but not using any apparatus provided for the consumption of food by humans)
  • The dog may sit on a person's lap (but may not sit on any table or chairs or make contact with other apparatus provided for the consumption of food by humans).

I can live with all of those.

https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/content/dogs-outdoor-dining-areas

Hi,

I agree, those rules seem okay with me. From your description the only difference was that the dog had his paws on the table (something I agree should not happen), but other than that everything was within the rules as listed above.

Assuming this was a leash-free area. No idea if it was or not.

So, sorry to say, I still think you were overreacting :)

Sanuk!

My local cafe has a chicken, pet chicken. It's quite fun to feed it bits of egg at breakfast.

One day two city council inspectors walk in and the chicken moves in doors.

I like the owner, but I'm thinking, that chicken is roasted!

Council inspector walks up with her mate, looks down at the chicken sitting in the middle of the cafe.

And picks it up,

Then goes

"Who's my little chicken, who's my cute little chicken, which chick do I love the most, i love you yes I do"

Seems there is no law in BrisVegas enforced about live chickens in cafes

post-55395-0-77932000-1489367013_thumb.jpg