Fat, Drunk And Careless

Mekong

In todays "Blame and Claim" society a refreshing Judgment from the UK.

A Woman was suing the World Famous Ronnie Sotts Jazz Club for damages when she suffered a broken wrist and elbow falling down stairs stating "Insufficient Lighting" It's a Jazz Club FFS always have been dimly lit it adds to the ambience.

The claim was rejected when the (Female) Judge found that the claimant was "Fat, Drunk and Careless in her High Heels"

Who needs Political Correctness, tell it as it is a Fat Drunk Cow who couldn't walk in heels, well done Judge .... I bet she is a Jazz fan.

http://www.telegraph...se-judge-rules/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2948340/ronnie-scotts-jazz-club-london-woman-fall-compensation-18-stone/

When I first read the title of this thread I thought you were having a go at me Kong :)

But I see it's about an 18 stone (I am only 17), 53 yr old (I am 57), Woman (I am a man), so it couldn't have been me, indeed I hardly know where Soho is, except for the fact it's in London, I think.

Belgium's 20-stone minister for public health is accused of being too big to be 'credible' - but hits back saying 'it's what's inside that counts'

Some politicians come under fire for being corrupt or incompetent, but Belgium's new Minister of Public Health is the first political figure to come under fire for being too fat for the job.

Maggie De Block - who is Belgium's most popular politician and was once tipped as a future premier - surprised many when it was announced she would take up the role of Health Minister in the centre-right coalition which has just taken office.

The 52-year-old, who weighs in at more than 20 stone, was not considered to be exactly setting a good example in a country where obesity is a growing health problem.

1413223757606_wps_7_20140413_Brussel_Open_Vld.jpg

1413223855098_wps_8_07_Jun_2012_Luxembourg_ep.jpg

The anti-Maggie charge was led by Tom van de Weghe, a Washington-based correspondent for Belgium's VRT television station. In a tweet he questioned whether she would be 'credible' in her new post.

NOS, a top Dutch TV channel, likened her to a larger-than-life figure from a Rubens painting and said her 'obvious corpulence' would cause 'sniggering.'

But Ms De Block, who practised medicine as a GP for 25 years, has shrugged off the criticism.

1413224178932_Image_galleryImage_05_Jun_2012_Brussels_Belg.JPG

'I know I'm not a model but you have to see what's inside, not the packaging,' she said.

According to the World Health Organization data from 2008, a total of 47 per cent of the adult population in Belgium were overweight.

As Minister for Immigration in the last Belgian government she was praised for slashing the number of asylum requests by almost half, from 27,000 per year to 15,000.

She was unmoved by hunger strikes and sent in the police to end them and to ensure that expulsion orders were carried out.

It would probably go the other way in the USA. :(

Flash

Always has done in the past in the UK, surprised that a Judge actually told it as it is, being a "Fat, Drunk, Careless Cow" is no excuse to make a claim against the club.Sort of refreshing to see such a judgement.

• Like 1