Thai Could Be World’S New English, Prayuth Says

Flashermac

BANGKOK — Thai could supersede English as the dominant world language – at least in the opinion of junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha.

After awarding trophies to youths Thursday at the Government House, Prayuth gave an address encouraging children to embrace their language, which he assured could one day become the world’s common language.

“The most commonly used language today is of course English. If it was Thai, we’d be a great power already. Is there a chance? Yes. If you do what I say, one day Thai will be the world’s lingua franca,†Prayuth said.

He added that although Thai is relatively difficult to learn, more people are learning the language.

“[Thai] has 44 characters … we have tones and more vowels than English. One word has many meanings. This is the pride Thais have built,†he explained.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/01/12/rao-tum-dai-thai-could-be-world-new-english-prayuth-says/

When Suvannapumm airport was built some minister from the Thai cabinet said people would come in large numbers because they wanted to see the control tower which is the highest in Asia or something .

I believe Khun Prayuth is right . Sooner or maybe later the Thai language should dominate worldwide business communication due to more vowels than English and thus confusing everything .

• Like 1

“The most commonly used language today is of course English. If it was Thai, we’d be a great power already. Is there a chance? Yes. If you do what I say, one day Thai will be the world’s lingua franca,†Prayuth said.

No it is Madarin :banghead:

Will he also predict the Thai Baht will become the new global currency :shakehead

No it is Madarin :banghead:

So go to Europe or South America and see how far you get using Mandarin. Lots of luck even in Africa. :)