Religion, Why?

Coss

PS : After rereading I believe this is a bloody reasonable post .

On the face of it, yes it's reasonable. I'm surprised you feel so self-congratulatory though. You confuse or willfully mix the parliamentary system and religion together. We need a parliamentary system, religion no. You seem like an eminently intelligent person Bubi, so why argumentum ad ignorantium? We don't need to cherry pick to discard religion, because it's quite literally all toxic. Any good thing you might find has been surpassed by progress.

As humans have evolved, religion is largely obsolete, replaced by science, tv dinners, and yes, jack rabbit dildos. In fact if there is a new temple, it might as well be Amazon. People fill their homes with junk the way ancient people used to crowd their shrines with ornaments.

In fact the new religion is consumerism, and it's going to destroy the planet if it isn't reined in.

I believe in Bowie's elaborate construction of logical building blocks in his song 'Modern Love'. Where it gets you is modern love, and what an awful failure that has been. No wedding bells, no church, no religion. And when did he write that song - it was the 70's wasn't it. Jesus! (yes the irony isn't lost on me), if you have to worship anyone, might as well be Bowie.

1983 actually a track on his "Let's Dance" Album