Ok, So I don't want a GTG afterall....

Fidel

Here is the problem people,

I don't want a BG ok, so I've been avoiding them. I do want a non BG and up until recently I had decided that I wanted a GTG. No I have changed my mind for the following reasons:

1) You have no hope of getting laid this decade, unless you marry.

2) They think that having a drink.. even a social one, is a mortal sin and automatically makes you a bad person.

3) If you smoke.. God help you.

4) Even if they're 25 years old you have to ask their Mum and Dad if they can come out to dinner.

5) All they do is watch TV and do cross stitch.

Ok, so these are stereotypes...

I think it's time to start searching the grey area.

Viva Good Farang Girls! Sorry about all the TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fidel,

I'm not buying into this one.

I still have the scars from my last run-in with the protectors of the 'virtuous Thai woman of marrying age'. Apparently, there are no finer women in the World, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a danged fool ...

Protesting that you have long been an admirer of Thai women will do you no good. I hope that you enjoy courtroom-style cross-examinations and vigorous questioning of your parentage. The tar and feathers usually come off inside a month smile.gif

I enter this fray merely to state that I married a GTG and your reasons as applied to my wife are, 1, wrong, 2, wrong, 3, wrong, 4, wrong, 5, wrong.

And she was a virgin when we met and I know of others like her.

My opinion is that like women anywhere, you have to invest the time.

Now, please don't take this as a refutation of your opinion, just my 2 baht's worth.

Coss,

Good post : level-headed, contained firsthand experience of the topic and wasnt overly judgemental. You stated your case and left Fidel with a positive thought : 'invest the time'.

Now, for my sermon. For those interested in 200 baht BBBJs : please move on, nothing to see here.

One of the things I fnd disturbing about some members of this board is that they rush straight for the jugular, dissecting and cross-examining the opinions of anyone who dares to disagree with them. And, yes, I've fallen into the same trap a few times, too. The sad part is that it becomes a case of people desperately trying to prove a point, rather than discussing an issue and offering positive outcomes. I'm beginning to see why the Thais go to great lengths to avoid direct conflict ....

Fidel,

"I don't want a BG ... I do want a non BG and ... I wanted a GTG. "

And what is it that you want this xG for? Maybe your list of problems aren't really problems after all. Or are you trying to enter an SUV into a Grand Prix?

Regards, JEff

Fidel

I am married to a so called 'good Thai girl'. Regarding your quotes:

Quote " You have no hope of getting laid this decade, unless you marry"

If your genuine that can happen faster. i.e., if it's 'real' love. Respect the culture, show her you are genuine.

Quote "They think that having a drink.. even a social one, is a mortal sin and automatically makes you a bad person. "

This is MILES WRONG...

Everyone drinks in Thailand. It is a social thing. My wife is a Pharmacist. We regularly used to go drinking with her friends from her old Hospital. Female Doctors...Nurses...Pharmacists...students...all drink.

The funniest night I ever had was a "jack and coke" drink off with a Nurse. I got to 12 doubles and was shattered. Aoy must be 45 kilos, but was still going strong! This is a girl whose partner sleeps in a seperate room at the Hospital. She's as 'GTG' as you'll find. Very cool girl:-)

Quote " If you smoke.. God help you." True / not true. My wife HATES smoking...but some of our friends smoke and she is okay with it in moderation.

Quote" Even if they're 25 years old you have to ask their Mum and Dad if they can come out to dinner."

True / not true...

Certainly, my wife used to TELL them when we would go out...but it was more out of respect. Like "we are going to the movies and then to see a band"...a statement rather than a question...but she's always let them know.

Quote "All they do is watch TV and do cross stitch."

Not true at all. My girl watches sport, plays video games...likes to discuss the news, politics of the day, issues, etc...go watch live music (ALL her friends love this)...watch dvd's...use the internet...read a book...etc etc.

I know you acknowledge you are stereotyping, but seriously, Thai girls are very cool from my experiences

From the varying posts I would say it's down to the girl rather than the occupation.

I had a 'thing' with a girl who I met 2 years previous in a bar. I talked to her in the bar for about 5 days before barfining her as I knew then she would be more applicable to a GTG than a BG and therefore not too fantastic in bed. yes I know generalisatiojn)

However I bumped into her by coincidene last December she is now working in a bank and spent a lot of time with her.

How boring could one girl be.

All she wanted was to sit in my room and chat and watch TV.

She knew I would of taken her anywhere she wanted but just didnt want to go. She has NEVER drank alcohol or smoked in her life.

I think the point is this girl was boring to extreme yet could be put in the BG or GTG catagory. It's all down to compatability.

P.S. She said I wont get a shag until she knows she is in love with me, or maybee next time I visit her. Hopefuly this will be

in about 5 weeks.

Archived