Lack Of Manners

khunsanuk

Hi,

I am getting more and more annoyed with the lack of manners displayed by quite a few Thais.

I have to take the subway to work every day and lately this has gotten quite a bit more crowded. As a result it seems that the number of people cutting in line has also increased.

This morning a guy standing behind me tried to overtake me when the train arrived. First on the right, so I sidestepped to block him. Then just when getting on the train he tried to squeeze past me on the left, sidestepped and blocked him again. Unfortunately he was still able to get on the train, by cutting in front of the guy in the other line.

Last week it was a girl, literally using her elbow to try to get past me.

I understand that people are getting frustrated by the waiting (got on the 4th train this morning) and are in a rush, but so is everyone else!

And then there is the zebra crossing I have to cross....

The number of times I see motorbikes - and even cars - cutting in between people crossing the zebra crossing is insane. And everyone of them seems to think it is perfectly okay to do so.

I don't even see any of the pedestrians getting all that upset about it. Well, with one exception. Saw a guy a few weeks back getting cut off by a car and he hit the car with his hand startling the driver into stopping. Of course, this guy was a farang.

Anyone, just annoyed, so had to rant a bit :)

Sanuk!

Hi,

>Did you want to say that you could only get on train No.4 because 3 were too crowded ?

Correct :(

Used to be that I was able to get on the first or 2nd train, now it is not uncommon that I have to wait until the 4th or even 5th train.

The lines often stretch to the other side of the platform.

Sanuk!

Traffic is so bad at ground level that more people are taking the BTS and the MTS. But now even they are getting crowded. In a few more years the city will come to a halt! :(

p.s. My nice little Honda sits unused most of the time, since I hate to drive in in Bangkok these days. It's good to have for a break upcountry every now and then. but a car is hardly worth having in the city any more.