Low Season 2016 In Pattaya And Bangkok

Nasiadai

Low season 2016 - a second-hand report

On a German board and on an international board it is reported that there is going on a horrible low season in Pattaya.

Two of my German friends have been 3 weeks in Pattaya - one in June and the other one in July. These are my sources that I rely on in my estimation, my assessment.

What is meant by “Low Season�

Low season refers to the sanuk scene. There is running a weak low season in the beer bars, in the gogo bars, in the discos and music clubs. Places where you can pick up girls. That means there is a weak season in the girls scene, in the sanuk scene. There are not enough (male) guests. Only few men who want to have fun with the girls; not enough guys who order drinks, spent lady drinks and barfine the girls. Sales in those mentioned localities are in the basement, are in the toilet, in the dumps.

Some guys stress emphatically that this low season is by far the worst for many many years. The bars are empty, no customers, and every where there are screaming girls with delight in their eyes when a customer enters the bar. There are few exceptions only. A few gogo bars are well attended, making good sales; all in the area of Walking Street or one or two gogos in soi LK Metro. According to the reports, one can say that this summer 2016, instead of a low season there is a no season going on in the sanuk scene.

The reasons why Western tourists come in ever smaller numbers, are obvious; only scarce headwords:

* the unresolved Euro crisis, which causes great economic problems in the euro zone countries; except in Germany.

* the referendum on United Kingdom membership of the European Union, the BREXIT, which causes economic and financial problems for the Brits for the next months and maybe years.

* economic decline and the job crisis in the US. Millions of (white) Americans from the middle classes are tipped over the edge or they are threatened by a social decline, slippery slope.

Obama could not solve all these problems in his eight-year term.

A change in the ethnic composition of the tourists

These western visitors are being replaced by Asian tourists. They come mainly from China, Korea, India. In addition to these new tourists Arabians come in large numbers too.

The greatest group are the Chinese. They come from Hongkong, the Chinese mainland, from the special economic zones like Shenzen or from Taiwan / Formosa.

They are coming in steadily increasing number to Pattaya and Thailand

These new tourists – Chinese, Indians, Koreans, Arabians are mainly package tourists. Packages tourism is a popular form of tourism:

the travel operator, the travel business offers the customer a complete range during the tour: travel, accommodation, catering, leisure and cultural activities.

With the increasing ethnic change is taking place a cultural change

Nowadays the sanuk scene - beer bars, gogo bars, the discos and music clubs - is dominated and marked by a Western, an Anglo-American culture.

It is sold and drunk western beer, whiskey, brandy, booze and Coca Cola. Anglo-American rock and pop music is played.

In the discos there is danced after Western manner to Anglo-American pop music.

We Westerners have a centuries-old tradition of beer brewing, booze distilling, wine-making and we have the age-old tradition of taverns and pubs.

Nowadays - not all - but the vast majority of these Chinese and Indian tourists doesn't have enough money to go into the beer bars and gogo bars having some drinks, spending some lady drinks, barfining and pay a girl etc. They don't visit discos and music clubs – which are dominated by western culture - for two reasons: they don't have enough money and maybe that this kind of entertainment and form of leisure pursuit is not common in China and India.

An outlook in the medium and long-term future: The scene will change and diversify.

The Arabs have always had their own Sanuk scene. For example in Bangkok there is the Grace hotel and a handful of bars in the area of this hotel in Soi 3 / Sukumvhit.

There will develop an own sanuk scene for the growing number of unaccompanied men from China and India. Bars, gogos, discos etc. with a particular cultural Chinese and Indian identity.

The tourists from China and India will increase with escalating incomes, rising prosperity. Above all, the number of unaccompanied men from these countries will rise. A sanuk scene will come into being catering for Chinese and Indian taste, flavors and preferences.

Due to falling numbers of unaccompanied Western men – guys looking for sanuk - the Western-oriented bar scene will get smaller.

These are the prospects for the near and medium future in Pattaya and the sanuk scene in Bangkok.

A last annotation:

For decades there are aborted female fetuses in China, in India and in South Korea too. The families, the parents prefer a son.

They do not want a daughter. They prefer the son and heir.

These countries suffer from a surplus of young men! Countless millions!

These countries have many millions of young men with no prospect of a girlfriend or a wife!

Live from university library of Düsseldorf - 18.35 local time

Nasiadai - Bakwahn

Hamburg Bangkok Düsseldorf

I know nothing about Pattaya but as far as it concerns Bangkok I may report that the most lovely Pam from Lao did hardly have the time to accept my best birthday wishes and repeated reconfirmation of eternal love as per yesterday due to the massage shop full of Chinese customers . Which has been going on for weeks now . Big work , no tip . During my last visit in June I saw many single gentlemen in Soi 4 , they were mostly Taiwanese to my observation .

• 4 weeks later...

What would appear to be a rather astute analysis if fraught with flaws unfortunately.

Let's start with the factual 'data' that you rather presumptuously rely on: two german friends with three weeks in Pattaya. Let us be kind, and assume they are entirely honest, handsome men, with furthermore, no incentive to lie. The population of Pattaya is approximately 100, 000. You have to admit - you have hardly conducted a census with which to base some very shaky assumptions. Nevermind, let us address these errors one by one if we will.

Your rather circular argument: little or no westerners, but some 'hidden' impervious activity mysterious until now, but largely owing to 'ethnic' invasion. You are aware perchance that China and India are regional countries? And not a little distance closer than say, Düsseldorf? It was rather clever of you to imply innocuously that the Westerners are being REPLACED by such as these 'Aliens'.

Your self-affirming statements of stereotype used later to support fact: Package tours are most popular, Muslims congregate at the Grace Hotel, most but not all Indians or Chinese have no money, etc. Wish-wash statements like this undermine what you are trying to say.

The bleeding painfully obvious - the scene will diversify - boy your research is cutting edge!!!

The sullen negative attitude towards what appears to be positive change. You seem to be both against empty bars, but opposed to filling them!

So we get to the most offensive part of your post - the impending horde of presumably rape-happy bachelors spilling over the border to ravish the Thai maidens. At this point I'd have to question your sanity, because you are clearly not grounded in reality if you believe this is even an inkling of a possibility.

Oh well, like the Thai Miss World Committee, go back to the research labs in Düsseldorf and have a serious re-think, me-thinks. Lol.

• Like 1

At least he is subjecting his draft article for peer review in advance of wider publication...

God, I wish I was whiling away the afternoon hours in Pattaya right now, moving beer bar to beer bar for lack of anything better to do... But no. Stuck at the office thousands of miles away, with no plan for a visit on my horizon.

• Like 1

Rather than complaining about Chinese hordes spilling over the border I shall do my duty to reestablish quality tourism even during low season by entering the Kingdom no later than September the 21st . Pam said : Tilac when you come ? Followed by Miss you .

Although I shall stay firstly 2 days incognito to get used to a demanding climate and adjust to a different culture . I would also wish to investigate what impact the relocation of Check In ladyboy bar had on neighbouring Lollipop blowjob bar . I could imagine major improvements on the financial side with immediate effect on both establishments :

220px-Economies_of_scale.PNG

I shall keep you informed