Traffic Hello (25-27 July 2016)

Pom Michael

Any idea what is happening this week to cause such massive traffic backups every evening this week?

A normal journey that would take 55 minutes with no traffic has taken 4 hours on Monday, 3 hours on Tuesday and god knows how much longer tonight.

The google maps app is basically solid red on every expressway, and most major roads.

Crazy!

Edited by Pom Michael
Title - Traffic Hell - no idea where Hello came from.

The Khao Phansaa holiday ended on the 20th, so it's not that. (It was delightful when everyone went away!) But it pissed down rain on Wednesday afternoon, which explains the 27th. I arrived home about 15 minutes before the storm hit, but friends told me they were stuck in the traffic for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Even so it's been unusually bad all week.

I walked to the market today, and I saw many more cars parked along the streets than usual, say 3 times as many. It was that way all along the kilometer or so I walked. I was glad I decided not to drive and wondered what was going on. Are cars multiplying on their own when we're not watching them?

• Like 1

The Khao Phansaa holiday ended on the 20th, so it's not that. (It was delightful when everyone went away!) But it pissed down rain on Wednesday afternoon, which explains the 27th. I arrived home about 15 minutes before the storm hit, but friends told me they were stuck in the traffic for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Even so it's been unusually bad all week.

I walked to the market today, and I saw many more cars parked along the streets than usual, say 3 times as many. It was that way all along the kilometer or so I walked. I was glad I decided not to drive and wondered what was going on. Are cars multiplying on their own when we're not watching them?