6. Cairo, Egypt - US$3.76

7. Ljubljana, Slovenia - US$3.82

8. Bangkok, Thailand - US$3.83

9. Belgrade, Serbia - US3.95

10. Warsaw, Poland - US4.02

Now you know

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11669644

Actually the NZ Herald does not know

Coss I very much doubt you were paying more that US$2.63 for a 330ml bottle of Beer Laos in Vientiane and I know damn well is a lot less for Bia Ha Noi in the city I am located in in vN, even international import such as Heineken is less than US$1.00 per bottle.

What total bullshit

Coss I very much doubt you were paying more that US$2.63 for a 330ml bottle of Beer Laos in Vientiane and I know damn well is a lot less for Bia Ha Noi in the city I am located in in vN, even international import such as Heineken is less than US$1.00 per bottle.

What total bullshit

Notice they don't say what kind of beer, local or imported? That makes a very big difference. So does the brand - e.g. Singha, Chang, Tiger, Heinecken, Acha?

It's been maybe half a dozen years since I was in Laos, but I remember buying a nice baguette sandwich and a big Beer Lao for not more than 100 baht.

And US$3.83 for a beer in Bangkok? Maybe at a gogo bar, but it's about US$1.50 or so for the local suds in a grocery or 7-Eleven. The other night I had a big Leo for 80 baht with my dinner in a fairly decent restaurant. (Dinner - pork chops, salad, chips, garlic bread - $149 baht.)

I'd bet somebody got these prices off the internet and faked it. ;)

i knew some pedant would pick up between local and imported beers (and I just knew it would be Flash) which Is why I quoted the prices for both Local and Imported Beer in VN. Actually I prefer the local suds to Heineken or Tiger. Imports tend to be 1/3 more expensive than local Beer Ha Noi in a Bar / Restaurant is 15,000 VND and imported is 20,000 VND, there are over 22,000 VND to the US$ but for simplicity I calculate at 20,000 to 1.

I dont know about Gogo bars, not a clue it has been many a year since I was a barfly but even in places where some Thais like to bee seen such as Asiatique, Talat Rod Fai and the likes 90THB is the average price for a 330mL imported beer

Have spent the last handful of days well drunk and stupid in Bangkok, after months of clean living at work in Arab countries, booze-free. The costs that followed from that first drink upon arrival back in Bangkok are staggering - the city may score high on the cheap beer ranking, but it definitely finds other ways to exact its toll.

The BGs have gone barmy with what they ask for. Not to mention that they only want to go ST these days. They'll ask 3,000 baht for ST, if they can get it ... and apparently they often do. Also, buy one BG a lady drink, and you'll immediately be pounced on by at least half a dozen more.

What total bullshit

Honey, I'm just the messenger...