Notthenation.com

Coss

I imagine they are keeping quiet in the current political situation.

I'd guess they are North America from the English. (It's not British.) Must be someone with plenty of time on their hands. Their knowledge of Thailand has never seemed very deep, so I doubt if they're long time expats. But they do probably live here and certainly have some knowledge of journalism.

From Wikipedia:

In December 2007 an unknown person started a news satire website called Not The Nation, a send-up of The Nation's website and coverage of Thai affairs. For a while the website was non-functioning, for unknown reasons. Its pages once featured an image of Abhisit with the quotation: "A perfectly legal site. but we're working on that" and another of Thaksin with the legend, "Didn't I sue them out of existence in 2004?" The site later satirized itself with a link to 'Who Do We Wrongly Think Is Behind NTN?'

Linking directly to the site post-2014 Thai coup d'etat redirects to a site-suspension notice modified Thursday 30 Sep 2010 22:59:26 UTC with and image of a hat-rack, hat and orange beach shirt, and the legend, This site has stepped out for a bit. On 3 March 2015, the site restarted "with a new executive staff appointed by Thailand’s military government."