2016 F1

bust

Rosberg's was leading in the last lap of the long race and his brakes were starting to go. He was obviously desperate to hang on and he showed it. But remember what Hamilton said after the race - that he would do "anything to win" whether "right or wrong". Formula 1 is not a group of nice guys having a friendly race. It's all or nothing for them.

And no doubt Rosberg felt it would be better for his point lead (though obviously not for the team) to take Hamilton out even if neither of them finished. At this point do you think team orders would be followed by either of them?
  • Like 1

That was my first thought on seeing team orders mentioned. Hamilton already this season has been argumentative when told to do something by Mercedes, demanding to know why and being reluctant. If one of them were told to hold their position and not challenge, I expect the response would be to ignore it.

I hadn't thought of Rosberg trying to take them both out, but it worked for Schumacher. :hmmm:

I wonder what Mercedes was thinking when they decided to pair up such long time rivals. Alonso and Hamilton together didn't work very well either.

p.s. I don't think Rosberg or Hamilton think about what would be better for the "team". Massa and Barrichello did, and it's probably no coincidence that neither one was ever a champion. They aren't egotistical enough. Except for Button, I'd say all of the recent champions have been selfish and self-centered. That seems to be what it takes.

At first I thought the Canadian dumb fuck had just dropped by to see Hamilton, but then it seemed they were actually hanging around with each other. Out of all people in the word, this is what he picks to be pals with? Maybe this is why Hamilton's girlfriend left him. :hmmm: