Changes

My Penis is hungry

Changes seem to be happening in Soi 7.

The shortcut from there to soi 5, gone. Which is a pain walking along Suk to get to Soi 5.

Gullivers is pretty much unchanged, and serving staff remembered me from when we had friday arvos there. How long ago was that? 7 8 years ago?

Mind you, the girls i knew 15++ years ago in German beer garfen are now ladies. Kinda weird. One i remember was of dubious age, so i always stayed clear, now she's nearly a matron of the ild girls club.

Cowboy hasn't changed that much, expensive though.

In general i was surprised how expensive living in bangkok is. Travelling around Asia Pacific, hard to justify.

One bargain was Somboon Seafood. Went twice to Ratchida site, Friday night 7:30 both times got a table ground floor, and very fresh seafood, far better than normal.

The night markets seem to close move and open regularly.

Up country money is tighter, glad i moved.

Welcome back mate, glad to see all the toys are back in the play pen

Night Markets, they died downtown with the closure of Suan Lum Night Bizarre, a night market, a boxing stadium, puppet theatre and BEC TERO hall all right next to Lumpini park, close on 5 years now since that shut down.

Asiatique on Chaeron Krung is now probably the best downtown night market nowadays but it does feel rather "Plastic" compared to Suan Lum it has a manufactured feel to it

My personal favourite is Rod Fai Market (Train Market) on Srinarakin just behind Seacon Square used to be at the old train yards behind Chatuchak but relocated in 2013

A Night Market / Bizarre needs three simple ingredients, Good Food, Cheap Beer and somewhere for the other half to "Window Shop" if she is lucky I may drop her 20 Baht to spend

These days I stay Soi 8 and haven't turned left at Suk for the last few years. Absolutely nothing of interest for me up there. The Den is fun except I take issue with the sharks in the tank. Like Hemmingways and down Soi 23 how can you not stop in for 1 or 2 at Crazy House. Dollhouse still one of my favorites and Sams for just observing.

Soi 8

OMG I would not even soil the soles of my flip flops (thongs) walking around the "Farang Ghetto" nowadays.

Lower - Mid Sukhumvit was the place late 80's / early 90's but no longer I am afraid.

East Bangkok is the place to be nowadays, the corridor between Sukhumvit and Suvarnabhumi and once the MRT extension is completed I will have a station entrance direct from my apartment buildings foyer area

Gentlemen ,

I am deeply saddened by the possible closure of a restaurant in Soi7 according to repeated reports by the recently emigrated Mr Stickman . The place is on your left some 50 meters into the soi and used to show a large signpost Thai Visa . I did occasionally take lunch at the property , usually supported by a free mango with sticky rice due to owner (?) Suzy´s good heart . During my last visit a North African gentleman appeared to be unable to pay checkbin because all his cash had already gone into the handbag of his overaged beauty from Beergarden who appeared to be strictly unwilling to release 220 Thai Baht to settle the bill . High class entertainment because all parties involved were yelling at each other except the beauty who did neither move nor say anything at all . The gentleman did leave the place for a few minutes and returned on a motorcycle taxi then actually yelling at the motorcycle pilot . Events like this are what I truely love the Kingdom for , I could add another few . I sometimes think I am attracting this kind of bizarre spectacles .

Could anybody confirm the place is finally gone or reopened under a different concept?