I Laid Nep To Rest, Finally And Forever

Nasiadai

I arrived on Tuesday 5. January in Bkk. I spent the evening at NEP. I made a long and intensive tour of the bars at NEP.

I started in the Lucky Luke Bar at 6.30 pm, watching the girls (and dozens of Kathoeys) entering the plaza.

I began my barhopping at 8 pm. I list the bars that I visited.

* Sexy Nights, first floor, left

* Spankys, first floor, left, the first bar

* Billboard / ex Carousel, second floor, left

* London Calling / ex Hollywood Rock, ground floor, right

* Rainbow IV, ground floor, right

* Bangkok Bunnies, ground floor, left

* Suckers, ground floor, left.

Prices:

Beverages: beer, lemonade, water etc. between 120 ---> 170 Baht

Ladydrinks: I can not remember exactly, but the prices are 170 to 180 Baht.

Barfines: 600 to 700 Baht

Short time: 3000 Baht

Long time: 5000 Baht

At 2.15 am in the night I left the plaza and went back to my hotel.

I was pretty drunk and at the same time sobered, disillusioned, disenchanted.

NEP is commercialized and professionalized.

Who can pay these prices?

I spent round about 6000 Baht for beverages and lady drinks.

No barfine, no girl.

6000 Baht. That means about 168 Euro, ca. 180 US-Dollar.

Bottom line:

For me, NEP is dead, died, too expensive, commercialized and professionalized. Finish!

That night I laid NEP to rest, finally and forever.

Nasiadai alias Bakwahn

Hamburg Bangkok Düsseldorf

• Like 1

Now a short time in Oz can be as short as 15-20 minutes and Thailand 1-2 hours, but 1 shot only quite often.

Quite different, but after I've got my rocks off, had a shower, a smoke, a chat, all I need is 15minutes.

So in Australia I can get a stunner for $100 from a variety of cuntries, so really, I think they have priced themselves out of the fun.

Talk is cheap, Nasiadai... You'll be back, and you'll find some glimmer of hope somewhere in there!

Pricing is not going to be the cause of decline (but this has all been said before). It's an overall cultural change and awareness, impact of social media, economic improvements in Thailand - and the rise of the ladyboy.

Next option, Soi Cowboy? only a few bars there that are cost effective.

Soi 22 area. Ladies may be of a lower quality but can be fun! prices very reasonable.

Pat Pong. Not for me. Haven't been there in a long time, so no comment.

Pattaya. Many nice ladies. Prices more reasonable. Many an x-Pat and visitor go directly from the

airport to Pattaya.

Next option, Soi Cowboy? only a few bars there that are cost effective.

Soi 22 area. Ladies may be of a lower quality but can be fun! prices very reasonable.

Pattaya. Many nice ladies. Prices more reasonable. Many an x-Pat and visitor go directly from the

airport to Pattaya.

Agree that it can be tough these days to find the right balance in Cowboy - the coyote thing is an impediment, attitudes are mixed, and some old stand-bys (Afterschool, e.g.) have lost some of their charm.

Soi 22 - you really have to be committed to having a good time there (which I often am, so that works for me at times) to make it an option. A good number of preparatory and ongoing drinks helps, as well as a degree of blinders/beer goggles as to quality and selection.

Pattaya, ah Pattaya - whatever you're looking for, you can find there.

Agree that it can be tough these days to find the right balance in Cowboy - the coyote thing is an impediment, attitudes are mixed, and some old stand-bys (Afterschool, e.g.) have lost some of their charm.

Soi 22 - you really have to be committed to having a good time there (which I often am, so that works for me at times) to make it an option. A good number of preparatory and ongoing drinks helps, as well as a degree of blinders/beer goggles as to quality and selection.

Pattaya, ah Pattaya - whatever you're looking for, you can find there.

Even Patts is changing now.Lots more cashed up visitors and less girls = higher prices for everything.