Are Backpackers All C*nts?

Fiery Jack

Are Backpackers All C*nts?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are Backpackers All C*nts?

• Yes.
    • No, but the majority of them are.
    • No, but a minority of them are, giving the rest a bad name.
    • No, they're all okay with me, mate.

As I mused in another thread, 'Backpacker Culture', is almost exclusively portrayed in a negative light. Backpackers get very bad press. :down: Some of them I've encountered in Thailand, mostly on Khao San Road, of course, are indeed obnoxious arseholes, :banghead: but then so are many non-backpackers I've met, and indeed so am I, :drunk: and I've met some decent backpackers too. :hug:

Even the obnoxious arsehole backpackers (many if not most of these prats are British, it grates me to admit :doah:) are often simply young and displaying the blithely arrogant attitude that only inherited wealth can breed and nurture in a lazy-minded immature pampered person. And the decent ones I've met are understandably embittered by the negative preconceptions folks have of their ilk, so tend to be frosty at first. :hmmm:

I met a very tasty Japanese backpacker bird of some 29 summers on Khao San some years back. She had no money and nowhere to stay, so I played the 'Good Samaritan' card. :angel: We got pissed together in the afternoon sunshine. :drunk: She was lovely, scrubbed up nice back at the Nana Hotel, and let me shag her all night as well. :relieved: I shagged a redheaded Irish backpacker in Chiang Mai once too, I recall. She was a bit fat, but full of fun and went like the clappers once I'd got a few Bacardi Breezers down her throat. :hubbahubba:

So here's a poll, so we'll know once and for all... Are Backpackers All C*nts? :applause:

Feel free to demystify your poll-vote selection with anecdotes. :up: In fact, feel obliged. :beer:

jack :help:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=naked+backpackers&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiqk9uLw6_JAhULG5QKHRDvBtoQ_AUIBygB&biw=1366&bih=667

I love this idea of naked backpacking.

I started my travels as a back packer when about 13 years old, I loved back packing, staying in YHA's, did it till I could afford a car and real hotel rooms.

Last trip to Fiji I found a delicious young Jap back packer girl that stayed over the night with me.

• Like 1

Voted most but keep in mind FJ I live in Sydney and they are just as big a problem here as they are in LOS. They have pretty much zero respect for locals, dump their shit everywhere and think it's ok to set up camp in their clapped out wagon wherever they want.

Perhaps Ivan Milat was on to something although I don't condone what he did :nono:

Burgeoning numbers of backpackers are extending their stay in Sydney due to economic pressures overseas, and the trend is straining community relations in Potts Point.

Local residents have banded together to compel 24 hostels in the area to introduce voluntary plans of management to quell noise and antisocial behaviour. The group have threatened to lobby State Government to introduce regulation over the sector.

City of Sydney Councillor Jenny Green said that noise from backpacker drinking and partying in the streets had worsened in the last year.

“The last year it has been much more difficult because of the increased numbers of backpackers coming in,†she said.

“The backpackers are using the hostels like their homes so they’re starting to become a lot more social on the streets drinking and partying – so you’ve got all the noise affecting nearby residents.â€

A resident of Potts Point said that disruption to her sleep made it difficult to concentrate.

“It is the emotional and physical stress of waiting for summer to arrive and knowing that the noise will recommence in full force,†she said.

“To face a busy day in the office and be expected to perform at a high level when feeling tired and stressed due to a lack of sleep on a continuous basis is unspeakable.â€

Sydney is the most visited region by international backpackers in Australia with 423,000 staying in the city last year – an increase of 8.4 per cent on the previous year. International backpackers contributed $985 million to the NSW economy in 2012.

Bust

<<Perhaps Ivan Milat was on to something although I don't condone what he did :nono:>>

Now if the Mufti had said that . . . . . .

By the way, do you ever get to Pan Handle Bar in Potts Point?

On a Sunday night they have a great trio called "Raduga Trio" playing Manouche Jazz, (Gypsy Jazz) Very much like the Hot Jazz Quartet,