Royals Win The World Series!

dean

The Kansas City Royals topped last year, when they were 90 feet away from tying the score in the 7th game of the 2014 WS, by winning it all this year in 5 games. From being the punch line for jokes over the last 30 years, they are now, unquestionably, the best team in baseball. If you will excuse my exuberance, it took 30 years to win their second championship and I may not be around for the next one, if it takes another 30 years. Great job, Royals!

We didn't follow the tradition of other cities that win a Championship and torch a car or three. The parade is tomorrow and the town will shut down for it. Or the 5 World Series games, between 80-90% of all televisions in KC were tuned to the games. Although there are no Kiwis in the major leagues, most of central and South America are represented, along with Japan. Those Thai 360 members living near London could have seen another KC sports team last Sunday, beating the Detroit Lions 45-10 at Wembly stadium. I'm off now to a local watering hole, where it's rumored that several baseball players will pick up the tab for drinks, just like last year in the playoffs.

• Like 1