How To "ghost Proof" A House?

dean

I had someone recently look at my house for rent. The caretaker staying at my house showed it to the German and his Thai fiancé. I hadn't heard from him in a week, so I emailed him, asking what he thought of the house. He emailed me back, saying the house was fine but on top of a cabinet were two urns and a picture. I'm pretty sure that there are no ashes in the urns. When the fiancé saw this, she turned white (I suppose as a ghost). Obviously, they are not renting the house. I don't expect many Thais to be interested in renting the house but will tell the caretaker to take down the picture and urn (I believe that they are her's) before next showing. Should I make it known that monks blessed the grounds before building and after completion? Is the Spirit House outside a turn on or turn off for Thais? Should I have the movie "Ghostbusters" playing on the DVD while showing? I certainly don't want any Thais uncomfortable in sharing their rental house with "relatives" that they don't know.

1) Have a proper display of the Buddha attached to a wall.

2) Have sure to have a spirit house outside with appropriate offerings.

3) Make sure no takian wood was used in the house.

It might also help to have a photo of the monks blessing the house and tying string around it. And tell the caretaker not to sneak up behind people and go Boo! :)

Just reduce the rent that always works, it's funny how thoughts of ghosts simply disappear ... But agreed the two urns were not such a good idea ..