The Taxi And The Backpackers.

bust

So who do you believe?

It was widely reported on social media the taxi driver made the family get out of the vehicle after missing an exit on the expressway. Pol Lt Col Surachat Suwannasri, deputy commander of the tourist police...

post-6949-0-31012400-1427540754_thumb.jpg

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://bangkokpost.com/news/general/505795. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bust

Posted Images

Take away the blond-haired baby and it's "som nam naa" for being dirty hippy backpackers - but with that baby, I can see that there would be support.

A couple of my friends took a taxi from Pattaya to the airport recently - car kept stalling, but shouting and gesticulating driver wouldn't let them out of the vehicle to get another taxi, even when they offered to pay... bags in the trunk. Taxi drivers are not making a good name for themselves these days - wonder whether Lonely Planet foreigners are going in on some Thai version of uber yet?

" The power of reporting on the word of a guy who knew a guy who shared a photo on Facebook."

It's frighting, there are out people out there reporting this type of rubbish, even more frighting is there are plenty of gullible people out there that want to believe it.

Still anything bad about Thai people is taken with glee, and accepted as true .....

" On the word of a guy who knew a guy, stories were concocted and publish buttons hit from two-bit blogs to the Bangkok Post to Khaosod. All of them churning out nothing more than speculation and hearsay as not one blogger or reporter had spoken to the family in the photo."

Sorry I was distracted, in reading the truth about what really happened ..........

Yes, back to taxi drivers, far more interesting than the idiots on facebook reporting this rubbish ....

They start to drive in a totally different direction from where you want to go.

I had that once. Since I had all the time in the world, so I decided to stay in the car. After about 30 minutes he had enough of it and brought me to the nearest subway stop .............. for free ............! When I got out he started shouting and cursing after me. A police officer overheard him and he asked me what had happened. He then asked me if I wanted to press charges. I said off course! Resulting in the taxi driver having to pay a 1000 bt fine on top (the driver actually admitted what he had done thinking the police would chose his side :p ). After that he was on the edge of exploding so I rushed into the subway LOL

Personally apart from Sukhumvit and Silom and touristy places like Khao San I never really have much problems with taxis. But when they treat me bad I will tell them in street slang how I feel about them and I do everything I can to make their life bad.