Airport Taxi Update

cavanami

Just flew in to Swampy last night.

They now have two ladies pressing the button and automatically a paper gets printed out with the parking spot number of the taxi that you are to take.

OK....I think if I really try I can push the button and get the printed paper :dunno:

Walked over to the taxi, got loaded up...then it starts...NO METER, PAY FLAT FEE

OK, what to d? no police or Army to assist....didn't the PM say he had this fixed???

No worries, I know what the metered fee would be and I always give a good tip so we come to a price and take off.

However, if I wanted to insist on the meter and then when this doesn't happen, I will have to unload my three heavy suitcases and try to find assistance...after a 17 hour flight, not an option for me!

TIT...nothing changed, SOS (Same Old Shit).

" TIT...nothing changed, SOS (Same Old Shit). "

" No worries, I know what the metered fee would be and I always give a good tip so we come to a price and take off."

Easy isn't it .... this is why you love Thailand and return :)

" OK....I think if I really try I can push the button and get the printed paper :dunno: "

Yes, but your one of the intelligent ones not everyone can do this .....

" On this paper they show name and registration number of this individual taxi "

Havn't you noticed he takes it from you straight away, and puts it in his top pocket. :wink:

That is why, [removed - KS], you should NOT give it to the driver. It clearly says so on the paper. do not give this paper to the driver!!! [removed - KS]. I came through Suvi 6 times in the past 6 weeks for work, and never ever any problem. They want to see the paper if I have the right taxi. Good, I point out the number stating their license plate and put the paper in my pocket.

If people still refuse to put on the meter, the tourist police is at the same level. Turn 180 degrees and walk straight there with your ticket. Do not negotiate or give in. That is why the system doesnt work because people still negotiate. Follow the system or leave the country.

" That is why, [removed - KS], you should NOT give it to the driver."

" If people still refuse to put on the meter, the tourist police is at the same level. Turn 180 degrees and walk straight there with your ticket. Do not negotiate or give in. "

Thanks for pointing how YOU use a taxi in Bangkok, excuse if I stick to MINE and my personal interaction with drivers, of which I have no problem what so ever.

Yes [removed - KS] you actually TEACH them to break the rules (which are there for a reason) and reward them for getting away with it.

And then you are joking that the system is not working.

While you DO NOT realize that it is because of people like YOU that the system is not working :p

[removed - KS] :p

Khun Waerth ,

no tourist arriving in Khrungthep shall enter a conflict with a Thai taxi driver once this subject confiscates the paper and puts it in his pocket . neither would any average tourist proceed with wasting his holiday time trying to win a war with a Thai taxi driver over maybe 150 Baht surcharge , in case tourist realises that he paid too much , by ringing the tourist police or whomever .