Kanye Douchebag

Coss

disclaimer, I normally try and ignore the goings on, of people described as 'Celebrities', this one, however crosses a line, not a line of 'Celebrity' behaviour, but a line of adult, human behaviour.

Just as Beck began his acceptance speech, West stormed the stage and gestured that he was about to begin declaring Beyoncé's album "the best of all time" and deserving of the award again, as he did (seriously) to Taylor Swift five years ago.

Luckily for Beck, the headline-grabbing moment has shot Morning Phase up Amazon's albums chart, with sales rising by a massive 1342 per cent.

Swift kissed and made up with West backstage at the 2015 ceremony, where he continued to rant about the Grammys "not respecting artistry" and being "disrespectful to inspiration"."

I was just so excited he was coming up," Beck told US magazine after the incident. "He deserves to be on stage as much as anybody. How many great records has he put out in the last five years right?"

Source

and comment from someone who is not me:

Shirley Manson

Musician/Band · 259,680 Likes · 23 hrs ·

Dear Kanye West

It is YOU who is so busy disrespecting artistry.

You disrespect your own remarkable talents and more importantly you disrespect the talent, hard work and tenacity of all artists when you go so rudely and savagely after such an accomplished and humble artist like BECK.

You make yourself look small and petty and spoilt.

In attempting to reduce the importance of one great talent over another, you make a mockery of all musicians and music from every genre, including your own.

Grow up and stop throwing your toys around.

You are making yourself look like a complete twat.

Ps.I am pretty certain Beyonce doesn't need you fighting any battles on her account. Seems like she's got everything covered perfectly well on her own.

---

Whilst am all for freedom of speech, I am also for summary execution when it is deserved, like for little Mr West,

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic