Urine Samples

It's common knowledge the police under military rule have taken a hard line on the use of marijuana and other drugs by tourists. They have been operating on the main avenue Sukhumvit Road stopping and thoroughly searching tourists and their belongings looking for drugs, and asking them to produce passports. Many have been detained and urine samples taken.

Also heard from expat friends that random roadside check points have been set up and they have been stopped whilst in the suburbs driving cars and checked.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/learning-from-news/450349/tourist-harassment-claims-to-be-investigated

The Suk BIB are quite often dirty.

This happened to me entering Ekamai Bus terminal about 12-15 years ago.

I had nothing but they often plant drugs...

They started to try and detain me to get some Baht and I made ONE call.

and handed them the phone- (only once in 25 years did I do this I HATE to bother my Thai friends like that)

Then it was kaw thodt pee etc-solly

I stay as far away fromThai cops as possible

They are worse than US police and that is hard to do.

It's got nothing to do with the current government, only to do with shaking down farang for money. But Thais always like to try and justify why things like this happen, e.g., "police under military rule have taken a hard line on the use of marijuana and other drugs by tourists". Goh hok maak!

• Like 1

http://www.bangkokpo...nister-declares

Thailand has become the hub of the drug trade in the Association of Southeast Asean Nations (Asean), with the highest rate of proliferation, Justice Minister Paiboon Koomchaya said on Thursday. Gen Paiboon said this in his speech at the launch of a compulsory drug treatment and rehabilitation project.

He said that according to reports from the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) and the Narcotics Suppression Bureau (NSB), about 1.3 million people, or 2% of the Thai population, are drug addicts.

Of these, about 250,000 have been charged and given terms of imprisonment. The one million or so others were of major concern because they have not undergone treatment or rehabilitation.

Not police in serious cases they are using soliders for the big dealers both Thai and farang.

I know they have carried out many raids with soldiers with guns drawn and taken away some very big Thai drug dealers. I have never seen soliders used in this way before, that is why I believe this is on instrucions from the military goverment. I also know of case of a rich farang living in a very large house being raided by armed soldiers and found to be a big dealer.

I know they have carried out many raids with soldiers with guns drawn and taken away some very big Thai drug dealers. I have never seen soliders used in this way before, that is why I believe this is on instrucions from the military goverment. I also know of case of a rich farang living in a very large house being raided by armed soldiers and found to be a big dealer.

This has nothing to do with your opening post, which was an attempt to make an excuse for the harassment of foreigners.

PS In Thaksin's day the soldiers "with their guns drawn" didn't have to take away Thai drug dealers, they just shot them all.