Thai Baht

jon46

Does anyone know the reason why the Thai Baht has remained so stable this year against the strong US dollar?

Due to sharp decline of crude oil prices, which is largely in US $, the US $ has gained against most currencies but not as much with the Thai baht vis a vis other Asian currencies and the Aussie $.

After years of perturbation on the stability of the Baht, I've come to one conclusion that seems to explain the stability and also encompass the explanations I've seen, from experts and the lay alike.

When the deck chairs get reshuffled in the event that we dare not speak of, the Baht will not be so strongly underpinned and volatility will be the order of the day.

Check the SET in Thailand.

If investment money is flowing in to Thailand, the SET is high and the Baht is strong.

The SET is about 1460, not high, not low, so the investments going in to Thailand are not that strong.

With worldwide oil prices low and gold prices under 1200, this makes the US dollar stronger.

No, I bought when it was on the way up and it promptly crashed, remaining to this day, well below my buy price.

The reason the oil price is falling, is that I bought when it was over 100 a barrel, it's been falling ever since.

I've sent a letter to Apple offering to refrain from investing in their company if they give me a new iPhone...

• Like 1