Phuket Motorbike Taxi Driver Shot Dead ‘In Road Rage’

bust

Warning: Graphic Content

PHUKET: A motorcycle taxi driver was shot dead this morning (October 30) at the Wor Kor intersection on Thepkrassattree Rd, close to Rajabhat University Phuket, in what police believe was a case of road rage.

The shooting took place at about 9:30am in front of many witnesses, including the victim’s son, at a red light. The shooter casually got back on his bike afterwards and drove away, apparently in no hurry.

The shooting was caught on CCTV.

Called to the scene next to the Siam Commercial Bank Rajabhat Branch, police were able to identify the dead man as Chaliao Piyapanikul, 47, from Trang, who was still wearing a motorcycle taxi vest and was lying in a pool of blood.

Police found three 9mm bullet casings at the scene. Mr Chaliao died instantly when shot just above the left eyebrow.

Police examined CCTV footage which seemed to show the shooter and the victim arguing. The victim apparently told his son to get off the motorcycle and stay away, before the gunman shot him and then drove away toward Baan Kuku.

Mr Chaliao’s body was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital. Police are working on the identity of the shooter.

Source: http://www.thephuket...ge’-49399.php

I see more and more road rage everyday...LOS is no longer the Land of Smiles but the Land of Slayings!

I have learned over the years to keep my head down, let it roll on by. Everyday, idiots in overloaded pickups racing

and swerving in and out of traffic, tailgating to within 1mm of other cars, flashing head lights, beeping horns, just

complete azzholes behind the wheel...

The motorbikes are not much better but they do tend to avoid the cars and trucks a bit more :dunno: