Ice Bucket Challenge - Somebody Forgot To Tell "the Witch"

StoneSoup

http://www.bangkokpo...ucket-challenge

US envoys banned from 'ice bucket'

WASHINGTON - It is the charity stunt that has got everyone from billionaires to pop stars and even former US presidents drenched by buckets of freezing water.

But don't expect American diplomats to get involved in the fast-growing Ice Bucket Challenge -- in support of Lou Gehrig's disease research -- any time soon.

The State Department has issued an internal telegram forbidding US ambassadors and other high-profile foreign service officers from participating in the forfeit, in which people either pledge $100 to ALS research or record themselves getting soaked by frigid water, then post it online and challenge others to do the same.

"It's not just about ambassadors. Federal government ethics rules prevent us from using our public offices, such as -- high public offices such as ambassadors -- for private gain, no matter how worthy the cause is," State Department deputy spokeswoman Marie Harf said Thursday.

"For that reason, high-ranking State Department officials are unfortunately unable to participate in the ice bucket challenge."

Guess who didn't get the message?????

http://bangkok.cocon...re-watery-rites

untitled-1_25.jpg?itok=FkTnWAwD

Queen of the lemmings ........

Cheers!

SS

Me too. If this was something done in private and these people didn't have their faces plastered in the media in self promotion - skeptical they would do/give anything. And then who knows what happens to the actual money.

I trust the Red Cross, peace corps, and a few others (to some extent) - but wary of the numerous charity organizations proliferating. Nothing against the cause here either.

• Like 1

Cases of ALS 5,600 Per Annum (USA)

Cases of Malaria 207,000,000 Per Annum (Global)

Given that 5% of Global population live in US of A that 5,600 figure extrapolated would equate to 112,000 on a Global scale or 0.05% of Malaria cases, but since ALS is a first world problem it gets front page headlines.

Like how pathetic it is, have a bucket of Ice Cold Water poured over oneself or donate $100, I would willingly donate $100 to Malaria Charities to stay dry at any given Songkran over the past 20 odd years.

It is turning into a self centred celebratory love in, "Oh Sweetie Look at Me" makes me sick, "C" List (so called) Celebs getting their photo in the press having a bucket of water poured over their heads, increasing their public profile and profiting from it, due to increased downloads. It is all driven by online media which is a "Click Financed" business, every story they publish with a Video of (Insert Name Here) being an asshole they get $0.00001 per click, multiply that by the number of numpties around the world who would click and the media is making a profit.

I think BUST summed it up perfectly when he said "Self Indulgent Wank" I could have not put it better myself. There are literally 100's of Thousands of people in the world, many BM's included, whom donate time and effort as well as fiscal support towards good causes without ever wanting or expecting fornification about themselves.

SELF INDULGENT WANK Love it Bust have a +1 for that mate

• Like 3