Does Being A Bouncer At A Thai Bar Pay Well?

dean

I think that Ifound my step son's true calling. He doesn't like work or house chores and stays out until 2-3 most nights (probably either drinking or smoking weed;he will be 20 in 3 weeks). He then comes home and catches up on his social networking for a couple of hours, then sleeps till 2-3 in the afternoon. I've asked him numerous times to go to his bedroom on coming home to avoid waking me up. He doesn't. Last Wednesday at 3 AM, I asked him again, which he ignored. I then threw a plastic cup near him on the couch to get his attention. It did, by getting some water on his old Dell laptop. He then charged at me. I defended myself by pushing him away. As he backed up, he hit me above the left eye and both closed the eye and drew blood above the eye. This is the same eye that I had hit 8 years ago in Bangkok and which then was closed for 5 days before sight started to come back. This time, it took about 36 hours before sight began to return. I have quite a black eye. As my step son took some relish in what he had done, I thought I would enquire for him on how he could put that aggression to a profitable use. He still has 15 months of probation on a shop lifting charge, so joining the military isn't an option for awhile. I can't think of any similar job in the U.S. That wouldn't either be illegal or have a minimum age of 21.

Dean, The river is running high now due to all the rains, plus the current is fast. hint hint.

Sorry just being a smart arse, I have read some of the other posts about the issues he has given you and the family.

Oh back in your neighborhood again. Delivering at the G.M plant Monday

No parts, taking a chemial room to them. Crane appt. at 11am with 7 other trks. this might be fun

Taking the wife to Bangkok Pavalion today in Overland park for the lunch buffett.

We had supper last night at a Thai place in Blue Springs and the ladies there were telling us about their lunch buffet and they said they had the best Som Tom in all of K.C. area, so guess who ahs to drive there today....

• Like 1

I've never been to Bangkok Pavilion but have been to many thai restaurants in the Johnson county area, but according to my wife "no delicious." I imagine that means not spicy enough. My wife does work at the thai restaurant at 119th and Quivera, so that might be an endorsement for for it. Concerning my step son (and to a lesser extent his older sister who quit college and works at a Chinese restaurant), I am going to make it perfectly clear that they both have my support in advancing their education towards a career. However, they won't be staying here much longer if they want to work at a dead end job and treat their pay checks as spending money. I realize now that my wife and I had different goals in coming to the U.S. I came for the educational opportunities for my son and 3 step children. My wife came here because America is the land of milk and honey and money wouldn't be a problem here. She gave up English classes early and now is qualified to do menial jobs in Asian restaurants. Money certainly has been the biggest concern for both of us. For me, trying to put money away for college for my son and youngest step daughter. For my wife, money means abundant thai food around the house and nice cloths for her and my son. She isn't going to like my plan for 2 of her children but if the marriage breaks up over it, so be it. Concerning Ming, I wish him gone, not dead. The main reason being I don't want my son thinking its cool to be a lazy, narcissistic drug and alcohol dependent asshole. Before our last fight, I would have thought Ming felt the same.

I kinda know where you are coming from on the different points of view about coming to the States.

My wife did finish high school in Thailand. The rest of her brothers and sisters went to college.

We work together with my work, She has said several times about wanting to make more money for us, but then I would have to get her a car and first teach her how to drive it. Plus the area we live at has no decent jobs..

2 weeks ago I had a heart attack in Houston.. Had a stent put in, She said do not die on me as I don't want to look for new husband..

Bless her heart.

She wants us to keep money in the bank. She does not spend all her money or mine..

She is looking at long term goals.. not just tomorrow