Age Difference - does it matter ?

gobbledonk

I agree, age makes no difference.. (of course I have to say that because my g/f is substantially younger than me) ..but it really does make no difference. Some girls aren't into discos and dancing and that kind of thing - after all it's somewhat akin to fluffing your feathers and playing the field isn't it?.. No need for that they've got what they want at home. There are many other things to do for fun..

I cannot think of the reason why age difference is stigmatised back home.. anyone have any insight into this?

FF

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me throw in my 2 satangs........

First of all I have a steady GF who is 22 years younger than me and she still has problems at times to catch up with me.....

and it is all a matter of what we belief, not what others belief....

Also, just look at my sig...smile.gif

Cheers !

If you are talking about a serious relationship then it does matter and it can be a huge problem for some. If you are older and she is younger she will want a family and unless you are interested in that commitment you will find the relationship will go down the drain. A GTG with reasonable prospects will not be prepared to waste time on an older farang who is not looking to start a family. If you are talking about poor Thai women trying to survive financially then it?s all the same charade.

Of course if you are looking for marriage and a family, then you don?t have that immediate problem.

I use 20 years or younger as my gauge. One thing i don't want is a girl-looking person so if the she is at the min. of 24 (i am 44), she has to be a women-looking person (possessing looks and maturity). I am just not into father-daughter looking relationships. I am personally more comfortable with the couple-looking appearance for myself. A lot of that will be determined by the women's life experiences.

I would suspect 15 years and over, the usually drawing card is economics/security. The closer in age, probably less for economic reasons but it all depends on how you meet your lady.

These dating services where majority of the girls are poor and looking for a better opportunity and possible financial sercurity, they seem to cap their upper limit between 15 to 20 years older than their age. For whatever reason, 45 in the minds of thai women in their mid twenties seem to be the upper most range. So I believe it does matter to thai women your age and especially how you look for your age. It is not limitless on their perception of it.

I am addresses a permanent relationship and not rent a gf for a night or a week. Who cares about the latter regarding age.........

Cardinalblue

Age-wise, she could be my biological daughter, and I take your point. People are unlikely to mistake us for a father-daughter pairing for two reasons:

1. She has her own, distinct personality : she wont live in anyones shadow

2. She's Chinese, and I'm not smile.gif

Seriously, it comes down to whether this is an issue for the people who matter or just the onlookers who comprise 'polite society'. Good to get so much feedback, though - thanks to all who participated.

Archived