Age Difference - does it matter ?

gobbledonk

I totally agree. No real personal experience on this, except my current favourite BG is 30 years younger than me and she seems happy enough. It depends what you are expecting (both sides).

My theory is that we farangs are all 543 years older than them anyway before we start so the odd few extra decades doesn't really make a lot of difference.

Khwai

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been in a relationship with my current Thai gf for just over 12 months. The age difference is about 10 years she is twenty and im 30.

The age difference doesnt bother me most of the time.. Its when I introduce her to my falang friends or show photos to friends it gets difficult because she looks 16..

I have no problem with my Thai friends accepting it.. Its just my relatives..etc.

I consider myself lucky that she is young and impressionable as I am able to mould her into a fine young woman..

I have talked about the "m" word with her but I want to wait a few more years and wait for her to mature a bit more..

Id say dont worry too much about others opinions.. I just put up with it because Im so happy being with her.. Thats what counts for me..

Just my 2 cents

PussyRaider.

My wife is japanese and I am a fat old guy , she is 26 and I am 47. She likes it. I act like Im 9. She calls me pet names such as "debu jiji" (fat old man), "kuso jijij" (shitty old man), and "echi jiji" (lecherous old man).

She also calls me "cladle lobbel"(cradle robber)..."Why old Americajin like young cutie asian girl I dont know this thing?"

So far, she seems happier than a pig in shit so to speak!

I think that common interests and the "point that one is at in their life" are what is important. Generally speaking, people of the same age have the same interests, but obviously, not always. So, I am of the opinion that for this reason alone, people of around the same age will get on best together.

However, in relationships where there is an age gap, things can still work out OK. However, in many cases - though not all - it is a case of an older man wanting a steady female compoanion and a younger, quite possible pooer girl who is looking for security. The older man (older in terms of age gap) can often provide this.

On the surface it looks like each of the couples needs are being met. But where one often sees problems is that the younger woman has not had the chance to "be a younger woman" and do all of the thngs that young women like to do - and so could be argued that they should do. While the man may want to sit at home and read a newspaper, she may well want to go out dancing and party...

In my opinion, a lot (what % I do not know - but a significant number) of the older guy / younger girl relationships are one of co-dependence, where certain goals of security and companionship are being met. However, some other asects may not be met, such as the girl's desire to go out and have a good time.

Stick

Stick said :

However, some other aspects may not be met, such as the girl's desire to go out and have a good time.

Thanks, Stick (and wildalaska, sam and everyone else who replied).

I am heartened by the supportive nature of many of your posts - great stuff. I think Stick has raised a great point though, and one that I have also pondered over with the object of my affections. She claims that she doesnt need the bright lights etc, but it seems like a big ask to expect a woman in her twenties to conform to my idea of a 'huge night out' : dinner, a movie and bed by 11 :}

I guess it all comes down to give and take, and trust. If I cant let her out of my sight for fear that she'll pick up some guy in a niteclub, I may as well just fly back to the LOS in September ...

well..Im ny opinion it all coms down to the people..

some 20 year old girls like to walk on the beach, climb mountains, eat in restaurants take it easy etc...offen do 50 year old men..match made in heaven!...

some guys 50 love to party every night, dancing, clubbing, shagging, energy meeting people, concerts, having youthful fun, so does a 20 year old girl..match again...

so I feel it all depends on the individuals ...

in my case..I got married to a Korean when I was 22..had a child and am now almost 28..5 years married to a girl 6 months older than me, from different parts of the world...

of course she knows me know and my style...but in my case I need more fun, party, excitment, in her case she needs more comfort, easy lifestyle, relax, and sunday picnics..

emmmmmm not quite the perfect match..but we sharwe a perfect baby, so that keeps us tied....

All of the farang/thai couples I know here have a huge age difference. Most men are in their sixties and the woman in their 30ties. This does not seem to bother any of them.

They all look fairly happy, but it does worry me for the ladies when the male will pass away.

As for the nightlife, there isn't any here, and I guess no one wants any. The day starts early for most (around 6 am), there is so much to do when you're in your sixties and don't have much time left. Around 8 pm there are always a few to have a beer and a chat; the woman sometimes sit at an other table, chat or play games. Around 9/10 pm most go home to finish the day.

What surprises me most is that the men hardly speak any thai, which make me wonder about communications. Could be a subject for an other thread.

Seems to me life is like a quiet river here, still wonder for the young woman however. If I find out, I will let you know

On one hand it does matter. If you are from the same culture then you will have similar "stage of life issues" so a large gap can mean very different stages of life and that can be a problem. I think when one goes transcultural the age thing can be very differnt. It seems as though that for many asian women an older man is considered a good catch. the stage of life issue is over ridden by other factors. Let me be a pig here and say that older women (my age 52 or a bit younger) have absolutly no sexual value. I have to say that without sexual value I dont want to have to put up with the B.S. I much prefer just hanging out with my buddys. So for me there seems to be an age where women lose sexual value and that is my cut off point for getting involved. That being said of course if one where in a longer term relationship when that point gets reached they could still be fine to hang with. So I will probably be one of those guys who ends up getting married to a late 20s bar girl LOL

In Thailand?.....Depends in what circles you're circulating in. High class, it will make a lot of difference. Lower class, much less a problem.

In Hawaii, or any other US state?......Big problem, regardless of class distinction.

Archived