South China Sea

They Don't

In Vietnam it is called Biển Äông (East Sea) and in the Philippines it is known as "West Phillippine Sea"

Just because you don't know about different countries claims to the area don't profess that you know what all the world maps say?

PS For the record I am currently working and living in Vietnam and have my finger on the pulse about Vietnam / Chinese relations China has evacuated every national and meetings with my Chinese Contractor have been rescheduled for Seoul.

Pacific ocean is known as" the Large Ocean" (Grote Oceaan) or the "Silent Ocean" (Stille Oceaan) in Dutch. In the past it used to be called "Silent Southsea" (Stille Zuidzee).

I noticed that on Dutch news website nu.nl in articles about the "South China Sea" conflict it was mentioned by the name of the "South Sea" (Zuid Zee") without China in it.

• Like 1

The Paracels, Spratleys and the other islands have never been inhabited. You can't really claim an uninhabited place that is far from your borders just on your say so. But that is what China is doing ... even islands just a few miles off the coast of the Philippines and Malaysia.