Easy Ones For Ya: I Don't Have An Opinion - & - Do You Really Want To Know

JaiRai

Pretty easy for you guys. I think I know how to say but want to confirm before I use.

Gonna sound out the Thai in English. "I don't have an opinion" - would that be "mai mii kwam hen" (have heard this before and am about 70% sure)

"do you really want to know" - "Yaak ruu ru-blao'? or "yaak ruu jing jing" - or something else? -- less sure on this one but I think I'm on the right track.

Thanks.

Hi,

"Gonna sound out the Thai in English. "I don't have an opinion" - would that be "mai mii kwam hen" (have heard this before and am about 70% sure)"

I think there needs to be a 'khid' in there as well, i.e. "mai mii kwam khid hen"

"do you really want to know" - "Yaak ruu ru-blao'? or "yaak ruu jing jing" - or something else? -- less sure on this one but I think I'm on the right track.

The first "Yaak ruu ru-blao" would be more like "Do you want to know or not?"

I think I'd go for "Yaak ruu nae lah?" or "Nae jai thii ja yaak ruu lah?"

Sanuk!

Used "mai mii kwam khid hen" a couple times the past few days -- no problem at all was easily understood. Danke Schoen.

One caveat - was told that I could just shorten it to "mai mii kham hen" and it would mean basically the same thing. :) (And this is the old kon Thai input). Was also told to be cautious NOT to say just "mai mii kwam khid" (without hen) as it would make me sound stupid. Mai dee loei.

Also boo radley on choi choi (sorry for changing spelling) - my understanding is it conveys indifference if used with a verb. For instance if you asked me why I talk about these things and I said "Puut choi choi" it means I'm just making conversation- it's not something I feel strongly about. Or if you say "Yaak ruu choi choi" in follow up to a line of questioning it means I asked about something but whatever, it's no big deal.