Football Season 2013-2014

Zaad

Villa could be a dark horse this season, I was happy to see Lambert keep them up last season, holding onto Benteke without a release clause was a master stroke and many people forget that Villa are the reigning youth champions of Europe.

I can't see them being top four just yet but they will shock quite a few teams as proven at the Emirates this weekend, but I could see them winning a cup, most teams will be concentrating on their european aspirations where as Villa can concentrate on the cups.

As for my homies yet another unconvincing 1-4 result at the Liberty, we were played off the park for large periods of the game but RvP and now Danny Wellbeck are just lethal in front of goal, ask me in 4 weeks time after the Chelsea, City and Liverpool games about my feelings on their chances.

I would like to see Adnan Janzuaj, Jesse Lingard and Wilfred Zaha given a chance, and my dream would be Rooney to Real Madrid with CR7 coming home, hey even I can't get dope that good haha.

Realistically we can't be more ambitious than sitting on a European spot come end of season. Simple as that but on a great day I feel we could beat anyone. Wondering how many of those days I'll get this season :-) We have a tricky start of the campaign having away matches to Arsenal and chelsea followed by a home game hosting Liverpool. Having already picked up 3 points is great.

I do have weak for Man U as well and since Villa won't be near title contenders in my lifetime I'm hoping Moyes can keep the title where it is :-)

Laterzz!

Zaad,

I do think Villa will qualify for Europe this season more on their league position than winning trophies, I can see them 5-7 position, Liverpool are not even the best side on Merseyside now and I believe North London now belongs at White Hart Lane rather then the Emirates.

Top four will be between Chelsea. City, Spurs and United, the next positions will be Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool and Villa,

As for United, I am not a glory hunter, I was born and bred within spitting distance of Old Trafford, I was too young to take in the 1968 EUFA Cup win and endured years of torment watching Liverpool run rings around us, I suffered for 20 years until we started winning things, but I must admit that the glory hunters wind me up

Just waiting for Munchmaster and Chocolate Steve to chime in hehe.

Come on Limbo it is good to have Zaad back, we can all have a good disagreement.

Interesting fact Aston Villa have won the EUFA Cup, Arsenal have not, I think this fact alone gives Zaad bragging rights.

I know Zaad a little bit longer already, I'm actually very surprised to see him back, which under the circumstances is not good for me! :eek: I wish it was under other circumstances!

Although I think Benteke is good, he won't be able to carry the tam on his own and in the long run , Villa will lack the power to be a contender for anything this season, imho. Remind me again, how many times did Villa win the title and/or won the FA Cup or did a double?

I know you're happy to see me, Limbo, missed you guys too! :)

I'll spare you the history lessons we have a young team and with last season's experience the young lads should be able to finish top half comfortably.

Eagerly awaiting what and who some of the EPL teams will buy in the remainder of the transfer window..either to please the fans, out of desperation or just for the sake of it, hehehe! Poor wrinkled Wenger is feeling the pressure already.

Zaad, not sure if my data about your club is 100% accurate but I am sure its damn close.

People either overlook or are unaware of the fact that Villa are the youth champions of Europe.

Randy Learner has not panic and is giving Lambert time, I honestly believe that villa will surprise a few people this season, am I the only person who watches football without the blinkers of my own team in place?