Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

But I'm not a state government. South Carolina tried "nullification" back in Andrew Jackson's administration, and it failed ... almost leading to a civil war. Now we have cities declaring themselves "sanctuary zones", where federal laws they don't agree with will not be enforced. There has even been talk of California seceding from the union. Is the USA in some sort of time warp taking us back to the 19th century?

Most of earth wants the USA to secede from the planet and move to the moon or mars ;) California can stay :p

But I'm not a state government. South Carolina tried "nullification" back in Andrew Jackson's administration, and it failed ... almost leading to a civil war. Now we have cities declaring themselves "sanctuary zones", where federal laws they don't agree with will not be enforced. There has even been talk of California seceding from the union. Is the USA in some sort of time warp taking us back to the 19th century?

Brexit is an example of this. 21st Century.

Whilst I would think that a combined USA, is a better thing than a fractured one, I'm not an American. There was a movement once to make NZ a state of Australia, glad we didn't, so there's arguments both ways.

All it would take in Australia, is for a Trump like figure to come to power and there'd be a Wall built in the Tasman Ocean :)

The winning entry in Iran’s Trump cartoon contest shows a drooling president wearing a jacket made of U.S. dollars

post-6949-0-51850100-1499303630_thumb.jpg

Iranian artist Hadi Asadi has beaten hundreds of other contestants to win first place in a “Trumpism†cartoon contest held in Tehran — his winning caricature depicting President Trump as a flame-haired man wearing a suit made of dollar bills, drooling onto a pile of books.

https://www.washingt...m=.060ff3632430

Strange that nobody said that to my dad in 1944. ;)

I should have asked my great great great great grandfather not to sell weapons to the rebels to fight the legal British establishment ...... it was just payback for us selling you the weapons to fight the Brits whom then also fought us:p Without our weapons no US!

But in all seriousness. You can't hide behind the second world war all the time. America has been at war with a country since the early 1900's. Now you have Trump whom is eager to start more wars with Iran and North Korea. So we should forgive the US for every war they are in because of the second world war? Besides it was the Canadians and the Poles that liberated us.