Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

"Does his skin colour and race displace him from the ranks of police officers who always must be defended?"

Nice how he glosses over the fact that Officer Yanez is Hispanic and a Catholic, himself a minority. But those facts don't fit into his argument. Race and religion no doubt play a part in this, but at least in this situation there is absolutely no reason to believe that the officer felt threatened and thus entitled to use deadly force. He simply drew his weapon and killed a woman who was standing quietly and talking to his partner. The situation is more one of an undertrained and trigger happy policeman who may have been hired in an attempt by the city to be politically correct. (For that matter, what is an Hispanic cop doing up in Minnesota? What happened to the Swedes and Norwegians?)

p.s. Not much coverage is being given to the recent shooting by a Minnesota policeman of a veteran's service dogs, allegedly because they growled at him. Are Minnesota police being taught to shoot first, think later? My retired cop buddy says he had dogs bark at him many times when he went into homes or onto property. He said that's what dogs do ... defending their homes. He never once shot a dog and said he wouldn't have unless it actually sank its fangs into his thigh. But shooting dogs seems to be a common thing with the police these days and is in the news almost every week. Maybe the USA is becoming a free fire zone. Sheriff Andy was right to give his deputy only one bullet at a time.

New development. She supposedly 'slapped the police car'. It shouldn't be enough to shoot someone. The body cam would have been great to have for this but this is just one of many cases about police behavior. I am not putting it down to hiring cops who are lower educated, etc. There is more social media and the world is smaller as a result. 20 years ago there was a good chance this would have been local news, statewide but may not make it to national news. Now local news is national news.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/us/minneapolis-police-shooting-slap/index.html

• Like 1

Snarky comment: If the urination fetish stories are true, that Trump had underage hookers piss on him and enjoys such ablutions, then that would explain the colour of his hair.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Whenever my dog pees an the grass the grass changes colour and becomes yellow. Which could be accepted as final proof that your story is true .

Apart from this : I start to regard President Donald as a blessing to the European part of the world. Since people did realise what happens if the idiots take over, the idiots have lost all elections in Europe and the European Union countries found out what it is worth to show some sort of loyalty towards each other. May the President continue his good work and I have no doubts he does.

For clarity sake, hispanic isn't a race, its a culture. There are blond, blue eyed hispanics and very dark skin hispanics but I get the point. I grew up with a blond blue eyed guy near us whose parents were what the few other cubans said were 'Battista cubans'. Coincidentally, he wasn't supposed to play with the rest of us..lol.

Among the categories in the US census is 'white of hispanic descent'. If you look at the driver's license of many latinos with spanish surname, they are listed as 'white'

Hispanics self identify depending on how they look and how they were raised. Zimmerman for example self identified as white. America has now deemed northern Africans as 'white' .'white' has been a moving target throughout American history, late 1800s, Jews, Sicilians, Greeks and Serbs were not considered white. The Irish in America were called 'The Irish Race' they were not seen as white either.Now they all are white. There is a black Egyptian who has been trying to legally be classified as black but is not allowed to. http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/09/07/egyptian-immigrant-wants-to-be-reclassified-as-black/

Middle easterners are considered white and there is going to be change soon. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/09/30/white-house-wants-add-new-racial-category-middle-eastern-people/91322064/

As most of us know, race was a created designation that started in the 1500 to 1600s. The bible itself spoke of 'nations' Roman citizens ran the whole gamut of ethnicities. Paul of biblical lore was a Hebrew, olive skinned, but was treated as a full Roman citizen that he was.

In America specifically, most of us culturally want to know what your background is so we can put you into a category for social reasons. People with ambiguous looks are often asked 'What are you?" Biracial kids are asked that constantly.

Will there come a day it doesn't matter? With the way things are going, I'm not confident.

I remember a flap in the early 1970s when a man was denied a Hispanic small business loan in Colorado, because it was discovered his parents were immigrants from Spain. The government office said Hispanics meant only Spanish speaking people from North, Central, and South America. He took them to court, and the decision was that Spaniards could be considered Hispanics too. The USA sometimes can be really strange at times.

p.s. The Portuguese in Massachusetts went to court to gain the right to be Hispanic. They won, even though they don't speak Spanish.

New development. She supposedly 'slapped the police car'. It shouldn't be enough to shoot someone. The body cam would have been great to have for this but this is just one of many cases about police behavior. I am not putting it down to hiring cops who are lower educated, etc. There is more social media and the world is smaller as a result. 20 years ago there was a good chance this would have been local news, statewide but may not make it to national news. Now local news is national news.

http://www.cnn.com/2...slap/index.html

So if this was the case I am guessing there may be fingerprints to support the claim.

Maybe the fact that even the police don't seem to be backing up their man this time. Also, the complications of the victim being a woman and a foreign national. You can blast away at US citizens, but it gets sticky when the target is a national of a friendly nation.

p.s. I recall that a few years ago a black cop shot dead an unarmed white man in Utah, and the police backed up the cop. Total silence from the police on this one.

Okay, this guy was threatening people and actually fired at the police. But it seems like a bit of overkill - 69 shots were fired at him!.

"An autopsy conducted on March 28 and March 29 of 2014 determined Watson suffered 45 gunshot wounds. The Medical Examiner determined the fatal wound was a gunshot to Watson’s head that he received after he fell to the ground. Investigators say they were unable to determine which officer fired the fatal shot due to the condition of the recovered slugs."

http://www.nbcphilad...-436363543.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZxi90TWYzQ