How's Your Area?

cavanami

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Errr... Exactly where along Lam Luk Ka? I sometimes use that road from the Saimai/ Klong 4 junction to nip up to the IT mall at Zeer Rangsit. Don't want to get stuck unnecessarily. Curious minds want to know. Ta.

IT Mall has just been set on fire.

From reports, it's in my area, On Nut. Have not seen anything but I am 1 Km off Suk.

All the Ma and Pa shops on Soi 95 closed up after reports of a bomb at the On Nut Lotus and the BKK Bank at Soi 85 being looted.

I will hunker down...until the adult beverages run out :p:drunk::beer:

Sorry guys, had to bugger out - just not safe in Sukhumvit/Asoke for me. No electricity was the final straw. Packed up the family (kicking and screaming the whole way) and walked almost to soi 22 to get a cab who was willing to take us to the airport. Not sure why - but all the other taxis that were available refused to go ANYWHERE - go a bit pissed off really with the wife - stop the taxi, get in - and just tell him to go ANYWHERE he wants.

Finally one guy accepted to go to the airport for 1,000 baht.

Put in 8 people (not even counting me as 2 in this case) and took an hour and a half to get out toward the airport. Finally got to my house and luckily we are ok.

Feel bad for people living there - but heard that electricity came back on - but not sure if will stay on all night, so definately glad we left.

And it is the motorcycle hooligans who are running riot everywhere.

Still believe it was the right decision of the government - and hope that they stay the course and ensure law, order and peace is restored soon.

I'm lucky - I have the resources to move around like this - but many others who don't are basically trapped by the former peace loving reds.

But if only we had a new election?

I was in foodland on soi 5 about 3-4PM. It was jammed with people with 8-10 people standing in each of the 6-8 check stands. The aisles were so crowded, you could not move a cart thru them. People were buying everything and I would estimate 250+ people in the store. Noticed that the cashiers did not look happy, probably worried about getting home. Took la Dee restaurant was also jammed and no seats available.

Ram 22, 1 am: very thick smell of smoke on the 6th floor, better on ground level, much better on 16th floor. No fire in sight. Smoke seems to come from Ramkhamhaeng University, but its too dark too tell.

Very dark and quiet.

View to south: clear, towards Khet Huai Khwang and Khet Din Daeng: lots of smoke in the distance

Before curfew, any food shop open on the small sois were being completely bought out! People were panic buying and stocking up as they could!

My internet shutoff about 8 PM, never to return until this morning, 7 AM or so.

The internet up here in Surin, mine at least, has been having a lot of problems. Keeps shutting down, I've been rebooting and resetting the WiFi many times a day the past few days. Fucking up my movie downloads from Pirate Bay dammit! 55555.

Cent

Archived