Yanks Health Care Passes. Done Deal.

unit731

Getting coverage for the uninsured is something that definitely needs to be done. I read that by the end of this year California will have hit a level where 25% of its population will be uninsured. Not good.

This bill though, to put it bluntly, sucks. It's a serious clusterf**k. Not reason to celebrate. If there's a silver lining here, it's that in 5 or 6 years things are going to be SO messed up it's going to force adjustments (hopefully for the better).

You're a smart guy U7, I chalked up your support of this leviathan to noble intentions and maybe some recent bong usage. :)))

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be willing to wager the law will stand the test of any legal challenge thrown it's way. By the way, how's your insurance hunting going, if your COBRA benefits have expired?

The healthcrap company sent notice of a fucking 15% increase...thanks, Prez. O...NOT!!!

...completely unconstitutional!

The US constitution states: The individual states have control of health care, NOT the federal government...just another example of Prez. O trashing the constitution!!!

EVERY President of late have trashed the constitution.

Some of us make a fuss when its something or someone we don't like or agree with but in reality ALL of them have of late and a fair number in the history of the country.

I'm no big fan of big government. I think any bill of this size and controversy will be wrought with problems, loopholes, cost overruns, etc.

The Patriot's Act, the Echelon super computer, Homeland Security, the list goes on and on and on are unconstitutional. We've found a way around it for decades.

Its not worth much more than the frailed paper its written on nowadays. Again, we don't live in a Republic any longer. Its veiled but we're closer to a totalitarian state than we are a Republic. Yeah, I sound over the top and one can site that we still have a vote as evidence otherwise but has anyone ever fulfilled the promise made during a campaign? They vote what the special interest say they will and the ones that have any semblence of integrity have no power in the government. They are junior representatives and senators who are placed on the Indian affairs, Natura Resources (yes, there is one) or the Science and Technology committee (yes, there is one of those as well).

Look at Ron Paul. He can't get any answers and he's a standing member of congress. The ones who weild the power are part of the problem.

Rant over.

I won't begin to suggest I am expert on this bill. None whatsover.

I will only state what I think or know. First, EVERYONE agrees the present state of health care in the U.S. is not good enough or adequate enough. That too many people can't get what they need, can't afford it and are gong bankrupt because of the costs. I don't think anyone questions that.

What I really want to know is will this make things worse, have no effect or make things better, even if its marginally?

I don't know. That's the wild card I have. My gues is over time, it will bleed us dry like Social Security, Medicaid, corporate and social welfare, defense budgets and every other big government program.

I simply don't know but I can tell you the present state of health care in the U.S. scares the crap out of me mainly due to the position I'm in with regards to it. If I had congress' health plan frankly, I wouldn't give a sh*t. I'd sympathize and empathize but glad I was part of the 'haves' and not 'have nots'. However, I am closer to the 'have nots' in case of a catostrophic medical emergency so my inclination is to roll the dice. Can it be any worse?

Sometimes it could be worse. I've seen it. I just don't know if this is one of those times.

Watch the movie: Logan's Run

http://www.infowars.com/obamacare-names-to-remember-come-november/

Obamacare: Names to Remember Come November...

Below is a list of votes cast last night in the House on Obamacare at gunpoint and a takeover of one fifth of the economy by the federal government. Remember the names come the November mid-term elections. Vote them out of Congress.

ALABAMA

Democrats – Bright, N; Davis, N.

Republicans – Aderholt, N; Bachus, N; Bonner, N; Griffith, N; Rogers, N.

ALASKA

Republicans – Young, N.

ARIZONA

Democrats – Giffords, Y; Grijalva, Y; Kirkpatrick, Y; Mitchell, Y; Pastor, Y.

Republicans – Flake, N; Franks, N; Shadegg, N.

ARKANSAS

Democrats – Berry, N; Ross, N; Snyder, Y.

Republicans – Boozman, N.

CALIFORNIA

Democrats – Baca, Y; Becerra, Y; Berman, Y; Capps, Y; Cardoza, Y; Chu, Y; Costa, Y; Davis, Y; Eshoo, Y; Farr, Y; Filner, Y; Garamendi, Y; Harman, Y; Honda, Y; Lee, Y; Lofgren, Zoe, Y; Matsui, Y; McNerney, Y; Miller, George, Y; Napolitano, Y; Pelosi, Y; Richardson, Y; Roybal-Allard, Y; Sanchez, Linda T., Y; Sanchez, Loretta, Y; Schiff, Y; Sherman, Y; Speier, Y; Stark, Y; Thompson, Y; Waters, Y; Watson, Y; Waxman, Y; Woolsey, Y.

Republicans – Bilbray, N; Bono Mack, N; Calvert, N; Campbell, N; Dreier, N; Gallegly, N; Herger, N; Hunter, N; Issa, N; Lewis, N; Lungren, Daniel E., N; McCarthy, N; McClintock, N; McKeon, N; Miller, Gary, N; Nunes, N; Radanovich, N; Rohrabacher, N; Royce, N.

COLORADO...

Watch the movie: Logan's Run

http://www.infowars.com/obamacare-names-to-remember-come-november/

Obamacare: Names to Remember Come November...

Below is a list of votes cast last night in the House on Obamacare [color:red]at gunpoint[/color] and a takeover of one fifth of the economy by the federal government.

The wording is really funny.

It was interesting to see that especially the right always used an extremely alarming wording, albeit GWB used the same tactics for eight years. Carl Rove was a master in bullying the GOP and degrading the dems.

AND don't forget, Obama has public mandate to enact laws, regardless of the fact that a part of the population doesn't like it.

The whole process was absolutely democratic.

Another question is, if the process had been corrupted by big money and politicians who had been purchased by big money.

Virginia Calls Health Bill Unconstitutional, Files Suit

http://www.infowars.com/virginia-calls-health-bill-unconstitutional-files-suit/

The State of Virginia has confirmed that it will sue the federal government over the health care reform bill, declaring the legislation unconstitutional and legally conflicting.

The Attorney General of Virginia, Ken Cuccinelli, issued a statement last night...

Without meaning to offend anyone, I do wish that the rest of the world, and particularly the Brits, would realizes that a significant part, and maybe even the majority, of the US population does not appreciate being referred to as “Yanksâ€Â

TH

Archived