• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 sheepdog

sheepdog

stranger

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:49

Cavanami, The issue is not about who took the most hits everyone in the war suffered. Its about the brutality of the Japanese towards POWs and civilians. The Korean guards were even worse as they were down the pecking order from the Japs and took their frustrations out on the POWs.
On documentarys we still see Japanese officers denying the mistreatment of POW's.

#12 Sporty

Sporty

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 13:00

Foreign Aid:

The government of Japan and the Japanese people provide the highest amount of foreign aid than any other country in the world including the USA.  

The Japanese people do give to other countries.

World Top Ten Foreign Aid Donor Countries  
Country In Billion Dollars
United States   12.9
Japan            9.2
Germany          5.4
France           5.2
United Kingdom   4.8
Netherlands      3.4
Italy            2.3
Canada           2.0
Sweden           1.8
Norway           1.8  

http://www.mapsofwor...er-aid-map.html

#13 Khun_Kong

Khun_Kong

Pooh-Bah

• Board Sponsors
  • 3526 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 15:42

Decent documentary on the railway on History Channel this week. Lotsa Ozzies interviewed (I think).

Funny that they use subtitles for the Ozzies!  :)
  *** Caveat emptor: Latin for "Welcome to Thailand" ***  

#14 unit731

unit731

Curator

• Board Sponsors
  • 4659 posts
  • LocationIqaluit : vivre dans un igloo

Posted 22 September 2009 - 23:13

Old information, I guess.

Japan Foreign Aid thru/in the 1990's was highest.  Not now.

LINK
"I lived to tell the story, but did not tell the story to live".

Diego Garcia

#15 Old Hippie

Old Hippie

I LOST a friend

• Board Sponsors
  • 24689 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 19:42

Cavanami, The issue is not about who took the most hits everyone in the war suffered. Its about the brutality of the Japanese towards POWs and civilians. The Korean guards were even worse as they were down the pecking order from the Japs and took their frustrations out on the POWs.
On documentarys we still see Japanese officers denying the mistreatment of POW's.

Wasn't the commander of the Nanking massacre living out his days as a prominent dentist in Japan? Seems I recall him denying a lot of stuff as well as one of the surviving commanders of the Bataan death march/camps.
"....'cause when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door..." -Hunter/Garcia

#16 cavanami

cavanami

I've outlived my dick!

• Board Sponsors
  • 15181 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 14:14

On documentary's we still see Japanese officers denying the mistreatment of POW's.
The Japanese did it for the Emperor...that was their excuse. The Emperor had no idea what was going on, he was a pasty used by the military.
Any who, the Japanese were SOB's and even today, are greatly hated by the Chinese! Last time I was working in China. one Chinese said he would find it very easy to kill a Japanese...lots of hatred!!!
Pam (Jim's GF): "Do you actually put your dick in her?"

Jim Morrison (The Doors): "Well...yes...sometimes."

#17 Redbaron

Redbaron

Buffalo Doctor

• Board Sponsors
  • 4430 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus

Posted 25 September 2009 - 23:11

one Chinese said he would find it very easy to kill a Japanese...lots of hatred!!!

Heard similar opinions myself when I was in China in 2006. Both from people who were there (ex's family) and younger ones who had been told the story..
red

"Just trying to have a little fun folks, that's all."  Dean Martin

#18 CTO

CTO

I found a friend

• Members
  • 6632 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:44

Cav don't forget the Emp's close relatives where serving in Army!
I'm Delusional

#19 cavanami

cavanami

I've outlived my dick!

• Board Sponsors
  • 15181 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 15:16

As a Yank (US citizen), we were taught in school about the Japanese "sneak attack".

Many years later, after working in Japan and learning about the "real" history of Japan...like that fact that the Japanese ALWAYS told the people that they were about to attack, so as in, Japan NEVER did any "sneak attacks"...hmmmm...the US gov spinning more lies and bullocks...
Pam (Jim's GF): "Do you actually put your dick in her?"

Jim Morrison (The Doors): "Well...yes...sometimes."

#20 Redbaron

Redbaron

Buffalo Doctor

• Board Sponsors
  • 4430 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus

Posted 26 September 2009 - 21:11

I'm fairly sure what you were taught was accurate, in fact from what I remember the Japanese knew the only way they would win against America was to attack the ships with no prior warning, so the order was given, and some Japanese in the higher military had a hard time agreeing with the plan. I have a feeling that the Japanese may have declared war minutes before they bombed Pearl Harbour... Not sure though.
red

"Just trying to have a little fun folks, that's all."  Dean Martin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users