Onus on Punters To Check Girl's Age in Gogos/Bars

MooNoi

What is the responsibility of punters in terms of checking girl's ages that they barfine?

The girl I BF'd last night told me she was 23.

When she got her ID card back this morning from downstairs, she put it on the table while she got her wallet out to put the card back in.

I was able to read her card, and I worked out that she was 18 years and 1 month old!

WTF?? :surprised:

I didn't say anything to her, but it made me feel quite uncomfortable. I prefer not to BF any girl under 20 years old.

Obviously, one would be naive to think there weren't some underage girls working in the bars.

This girl did LOOK 23 years old, (no excuse if she was younger, I know), but it certainly got me thinking.

I believe that the age of consent in Thailand is 15, but for "sex work" it is 18. I *know* this girl has been working for over one year, so she's been on the game since at least 17 years old.

So should we be asking to see a girl's ID card before we BF them? Kind of inconvenient in a way when they're standing there in their birthday suit!

However, given that so many girls I have known in the past have carried a "sister's" ID card, what hope do we have? :(

It really did make me feel uncomfortable. And it was surprising that one of the bigger bars in Pattaya (Peppermint) would have under-20's working there - obviously paying off the cops. Then again, maybe it isn't a surprise at all.

Any advice, gents?

It really was pushing the envelope a little close for my liking.

There probably is no sure bet on getting a true age if the girl is borderline legal. Like you said, she could always use the "sister's" ID, so even if you check, you're fucked. Best and safest is to always check it before paying the bar. In reality, I would guess this gets done very rarely.(I don't do it) If the alarm bells go off, I guess it's best to give her a pass and move on to the next one. So many to choose from, no need to risk trouble if you don't need to.

You're right. But I can't ever remember seeing a punter check an ID before BF'ing. I know I never have.

Maybe I'm getting old, but all done up with their nice hair and make-up, the girls can easily look older than they really are if they want to - case in point last night. I really didn't bat an eyelid when she said 23. She certainly didn't look 18. But as I said, that's not an excuse.

A couple weeks ago I deviated from my norm and took a younger one. Usually like them around 30 for various reasons. Anyway, in the bar, she said she was 20. I asked her if she had her ID and she said she did. I didn't look and took her anyway. In the room later, she admitted she was 19. I decided I better not look at the ID as it was too late. I figured if I didn't know her true age, it wouldn't sting so much.

Carbon dating? Less messy.

Bit of a bitch, taking them to a lab....but better to be safe than sorry

And while you're at the lab, better get her DNA tested. Just to make sure she's not your daughter from a shag 20 years ago!

Archived