jakarta

jakestevernson

Can never go wrong at Tiga Puluh in the basement of the Le Méridien Jakarta.

Since it is a high end venue, figure ~800k LT (ST is not usually on the menu unless you want it) with a stunner. Maybe less now with the economy in the toilet. Negotiate.

The Hard Rock and the Pit Stop in the basement of the Seri PanPac Hotel are usually good too.

I dislike Blok M area, and it is quite dodgy if you are not familiar with Jakarta, so I will not recommend it.

Just remember that in the venues I mentioned, not all the gals are on the game, so propose carefully.

Cheers,

SD

go to stadium friday evening...no need to leave until monday morning...one of the best clubs anywhere, a destination in its own right...best for those who prefer to chemically enhance their evenings...

do stay away from the hotel bars...shite music, full of old sausage, everything's way overpriced...

do stay away from the hotel bars...shite music, full of old sausage, everything's way overpriced...

Tigah Puluh is a 'hotel bar', and I agree about it being over-priced, but its some years since I last set foot in the place. As I mentioned to SD on Tuesday night, a return to Jakarta is long overdue. To the OP, avoid Jakarta at all costs in the wet season - gotta have the worst drainage of any modern city in the monsoon zone. And downtown Jakarta is very much a modern city - I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

• 11 months later...

Well done - I didnt get to half of those places : had a chaperone but it was all good. carlton is still lurking here and Im sure he would be thrilled to hear your feedback. As I've said before, I periodically want to go back but then I remember the traffic ....

Last time there was 2004.

Same - just after the first Marriott bombing and the city was on high alert. New Years Eve 2004/05 was a trip - about a million people came into the CBD to celebrate and the hub seemed to be right in front of my hotel, the Mandarin Oriental. If I could only inject that Indonesian gals personality into Ms CPs bod, things may have worked out differently ! :smirk:

Archived