Bullshit

khunsanuk

Now take anything I say with a grain of salt, as I am the last person who would know this but...

I have always been under the impression that Kee Mah (Dog Shit) is the appropriate term here. From wife come Surin.

If I got his wrong I have demonstrated to all and sundry that my Thai language skills are non existent.

Coss

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

"Toh lae is probably the central dialect word(s) you are looking for. It is not polite.

Ki Moh is another central dialect word that is slightly more polite than Toh lae."

Familiar with both of these words, but neither sum up what I think of when saying 'Bullshit'.

I guess the B.S. might be the closest.

Sanuk!

Yes, "toh lae" is the closest in meaning, but it is very strong, should only be used between close friends...and if you have a farang face, it may not even be tolerated by your close Thai friends...

How about....

rai(H) saa® ra(H) à¹?รà¹?สาระ

yep - i use this often; but its meaning is not as strong as the western "bullshit"

much stronger (pretty offensive) would be �ี����า ngee ngao

How about....

rai(H) saa® ra(H) à¹?รà¹?สาระ

yep - i use this often; but its meaning is not as strong as the western "bullshit"

much stronger (pretty offensive) would be �ี����า ngee ngao

Familiar with both of those, but never considered using them in situations that call for 'Bullshit'.

Not really sure if there is an equivalent in Thai that really sums up the same feelings.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Maybe an example would help.

English:

Person A: Thaksin is a really nice guy.

Person B: Bullshit!

Thai:

Person A: Thaksin bpen khon dee maak.

Person B: ???

None of the words so far suggested would really make sense in that scenario I think.

Sanuk!

IMHO, raisara could be used in this case...

another possibiltiy would be

�ายละ tai la

�าย�ริ��ายละ tai jing tai la

more in a sense "you must be kidding"

Archived