What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Last night I watched Local Hero (1983), a film about an American Oil Company (Knox Oil and Gas) who want to buy a Scottish fishing village and turn it into a refinery. A warm, acclaimed comedy, starring Burt Lancaster and Peter Riegert, from writer-director Bill Forsyth.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've forgotten how many times I've watched, it's that good. I recently got a digitally remastered version of it so had to watch it again.

"Oil billionaire Happer sends Mac to a remote Scotish villiage to secure the property rights for an oil refinery they want to build. Mac teams up with Danny and starts the negotiations, the locals are keen to get their hands on the 'Silver Dollar' and can't believe their luck. However a local hermit and beach scavenger, Ben Knox, lives in a shack on the crucial beach which he also owns. Happer is more interested in the Northern Lights and Danny in a surreal girl with webbed feet, Marina. Mac is used to a Houston office with fax machines but is forced to negotiate on Bens terms." Written by Matthew Stanfield.

• Like 1

Good Move Munchie I enjoyed it when it first came out and it's probably more pertinent today! I shall download it later when I get home thanks for the reminder.

Last night we watched "My Cousin Vinny" After watching Goodfellas a few days earlier I wanted the wife to see Joe Pesci in a comedy role. I was suprised when I read that the American Law Society voted it the 3rd best legal movie of all time,

Now that Hi-Speed Internet in BKK is actualy getting close to high speed I am downloading quite a lot recently working my way down the IMDH Top 100 movies list,

Away from movies I did enjoy the Australian series "Underbelly" Series 2 a tale of two cities is being shown n Aus currently and episodes are available as torrents within a day of episodes being aired!

"going by the book" (Korean movie)

"old boy" (Korean movie)

Both really great movies and truely original ways of treating classic themes.

("bank robber" kind and "thriller/revenge" kind)

I rate them higher than movies such as "seven"...

Guest lazyphil

Monsters v Aliens (in 3D) with my daughter early on this week, both loved it, very entertaining!

cant wait for ice age 3 in 3D later this year!