Jakarta v Thailand

LookieLookie

With that statement you don't sound like you have ever been to Jakarta?! Actually there is a massive difference. Totally different cities. Nightlife and non nightlife.

+1

Munchy, I only spent two weeks in that monster of a city - your perspective is almost certainly better - but I think that some have been too easily seduced by some of Carlton and Prosal's earlier posts : yes, there are some very approachable girls and strangers may sometimes smile at you, but its *NOT* the land of milk and honey.

If you are a middle-aged man like T360ers, you will almost certainly be paying for it : they don't just knock on your hotel room door and say 'OK, I'm ready for 3 hours of no strings sex, and I'll send my sister up after we're finished !' ...

Personally, I didnt feel a lot of anti-Westerner sentiment, but I'm sure that it happens. Stick to the well-known haunts in the city and you should be OK. I dont know if current events in the Middle-East have allowed the ratbag element to stir up trouble, but be aware that it can happen. The bubbling undercurrent of tension was more about the ethnic Chinese elite than anything external to the country when I visited, but any city of that size will always have its 'issues'.

The point has been made that the price of drinks in many of the nightlife places is ridiculous, but there are plenty of freelancers to go round. I did see some very attractive girls in my 2 weeks, but no single girl that stood out the way that some Thai/Lao/Khmer women do - YMMV.

Couldnt help feeling that many middle-class Jakartans want their city to be another Singapore, as opposed to another Denpasar, and I cant say that I blame them for that. I dont know what the current financial crisis has done to that dream, but they are survivors.

To sum up, I wouldn't go to Jakarta purely for pussy. Read up on the history of the Indonesian people, try to get a handle on the politics (good luck ..) and perhaps even read something about Islam. It would be a sad day if Jakarta was just seen as an alternative to Angeles City.

I did see some very attractive girls in my 2 weeks, but no single girl that stood out the way that some Thai/Lao/Khmer women do - YMMV.

I was there for 2 weeks about three years ago. Hooked up with an absolute stunner... definitely in the top 5 of all time in my career (Indo-Chinese mix). It's hit or miss, but there is no lack of "good enough" pussy in Jakarta.

definitely in the top 5 of all time in my career (Indo-Chinese mix).

Ray-Ray, as soon as I see a hint of Chinese features on a girl in SE Asia, regardless of her language/upbringing whatever, I usually find myself staring.

Chinese-Viet is my personal favourite, but its a knockout combination anywhere. I know that ethnic Chinese aren't popular in many parts of SE Asia, and the girls that I have met in BKK all vigorously respond with 'No - Thai !' when you ask them if Mama or Papa are Chinese. I'm also enamoured of Khmer features - its all good, esp compared to a lot of the lardettes we encounter everyday in Farangland :)

Go to amazon and look at Moammar Emka's books.

He talks about different scenes in Jakarta, although doesn't name names of places.

Is there anybody that can compare their real life experiences to what he writes about in his books?

It would be a sad day if Jakarta was just seen as an alternative to Angeles City.

True that US Americans or British haven't happily really focused on it, but Jakarta has been on the "sex tourist map" for several years now.

It isn't a secret destination by any means.

Perhaps not a secret destination, but I didnt see more than 20 or 30 foreigners on the streets in the course of my two week stay in 2004. Biggest shock was stepping into one of the hotel bars and finding myself in 'Nana Disco' - almost exclusively middle-aged white males being stalked by Asian working girls. Thankfully, the music was a lot better than Nana Disco, and it wasnt quite as blatant in that there was a better ratio of males to females. The GIG I was with was very dismissive of the girls, referring to them as 'the chicken', but they werent too hard on the eye. :smirk:

Archived