"I will definitely not get involved in politics."

Mentors

He held the meeting with the media at The Peninsula hotel where he also plans to spend the night.

Joined at the podium by his wife Mrs Potjaman and his three children, Mr Thaksin began by offering his apologies for the troubles that his supporters had to go through following his ouster by a military coup on Sept 19, 2006.

He then thanked those who provided continued support even though his reputation had been left in tatters by those who despised him.

The reason for his return home, he said, was to prove his innocence in corruption cases levelled against him.

"I have to return to prove my innocence and restore my reputation, which has been unfairly tarnished," he said.

Once he clears his name, he then only wants to live life like a normal Thai citizen. :liar:

more

http://www.bangkokpost.com/thaksinhomecoming/thaksin.php?id=126211

Surapong to ask Thaksin to be economics adviser

Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Surapong Suebwonglee said he would ask ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra to be his economics adviser.

He insisted that it is not against the constitution to do so because this is not an official position.

Dr Surapong added that Mr Thaksin's experiences as a self-made billionaire has made him an economics expert, and that his knowledge would benefit Thailand greatly.

He also said that he would like to consult Mr Thaksin on important matters such as currency control measures, which were imposed by the previous government in an attempt to control the appreciation of the baht.

But it's not political!

Archived