What is difference between English breakfast and American Breakfast?

unit731

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference is the style of bacon and sausage, and English breakfast typically has baked beans and fried tomatoes in addition to potatoes and toast. They sometimes throw in other inedible delicacies with 'pudding' in the name.

If I leave my hotel for breakfast, in Bangkok, I usually go to Bourbon St. for American and Jools for English.

Julian,

From what I see the English breakfast has extra meat. Usually an American breakfast has only one meat, bacon, sausages, or ham. Many English breakfasts I've had have all three! Beans, bacon, ham, sausage, eggs, fried potatoes, toast, marmalade, tea or coffee, and the requisite mushy tomato. Great if you are really hungry. I like the English breakfast once in a while, especially if I know I will be skipping lunch and drinking a lot of beer or booze with the guys on an afternoon bar crawl! :)

I usually have breakfast (American) at Bourbon Street myself when in Bangkok; you can't go wrong at Doug's for a good American breakfast. The cook there knows what she is doing, always consistently good food and I haven't found a better place in Bangkok for an American breakfast and foods for lunch and dinner. :thumbup:

When in Pattaya I stay on Soi Bukhao, and breakfast at an English pub across from my hotel called, 'The Butchers Arms' or something close to that. 100bht for the English breakfast. A deal, and good food. Coffee's good there too.

Cent

Archived