Any action in Lombok

teddy

In early 2000 thousands fled from religious and ethnic violence that swept over the island, and tensions remain. Some travel websites warn that tourists sometimes provoke anger in this economically depressed region. There is also a refugee camp on the island, costs paid for by Australia, which holds mostly Hazara Afghans who have tried to enter Australia by boat.

Have fun ................................

Some less-travelled areas are less-travelled for a reason, because they suck in one way or another. Lombok is a great destination to kick back with a GF during a few days, but a bad place for mongering. From what I know the only option is a small club in Senggigi, the Marina Pub. It's good on high-season and otherwise desperately semi-empty.

Nevertheless there's a lot of nice touristic stuff in Lombok, like the Sasak villages, the Rinjani volcano, the Gili islands, Kuta beach (nice waves if you like body surf), the Monkey Forest, ect. The countryside is really beautiful and the sceneries of the volcano, the jungles, the rice-terraces and the immaculate beaches breathtaking.

I also disagree with candyfloss statements. Lombok is a very safe place for tourists and the locals are, as everywhere else in Indonesia, very friendly, peaceful and easygoing.

If you haven't booked your hotel yet, I strongly recommand the Sheraton in Senggigi, a beautiful balinese-style resort.

:thumbup:

Haven't been for a few years but I said to a taxi driver that the Lombok ladies were very beautiful, he took me to a house in the capital had a great girl, about 350,000r as I recall. I am told there are more than one.

Cactus

MooNoi, I mastered Indonesian cookery a long time back, one of the easiest of the South East Asian cuisines. I made Bamie Goreng only yesterday and I am making Laksa Lemak on saturday when Munchie and Candyfloss come around to watch the FA Cup Final, although that is a Malaysian dish but what the feck.

Anyway Lombok is on hold for a few weeks, I have to pay a visit to Seoul on Wednesday instead. Never been to Korea so haven't got the faintest idea what to expect. Is it worth packing my best Calvin Klein trolleys?

Archived