Lean on tree Rest-Soi 18 & Sukh.

gene1944

I ate at this new restaurant this past weekend. It is opposite the Rembrandt Hotel on Soi 18, about 200 meters from Suk on the right side. It is open from 1200-2400 and they offer limited free parking spaces. They advertise a massage and spa which I didn't check out.

I was impressed with the environment of the restaurant. It has a large outdoor seating area (40-50 seats)with a fountain in the center and has many, many trees with colored lights at night. It was very hot that day in Bkk but there was a cool breeze running thru the outdoor seating area that kept it cool. I was told by the owners (an ex TG Stewardess and her Thai hubby) that the breeze is normal for that area.

There is also a separate A/C room with seating for about 20 or 30 cusotmers. Everything is very clean (only open 2 months) and the staff was friendly and efficient.

Food prices were quite reasonable and the food (primarily Thai) was very good. Price for bbq river prawns was 480 per kilo which I thought reasonable for this area. Soft shell crab was 180B. Duck breast was 220B. Among the appetizer were fish cakes (80B) and spring roll (60B). Pad thai (50B), various spaghettis (90-120B) and salads (60-90B) were on offer. They also serve chicken, fish beef, many over rice dishes (starting about 50B) none of which I tried.

Desert for out party included sticky rice and mango (60b) and Custard (60B). Not especially memorable, but adequate and reasonably priced.

Beer prices were fair: Singha lge (90B) and Heineken lge (95B). I think they had Leo and Chang for 60B and also served cocktails.

I liked the food and we had a nice leisurely dinner over a 90 minute period in nice surroundings. It was not crowded at all on Sunday night and most of the clientele I saw were farang who probably were visitors from the Rembrandt Hotel. If you want reservations you can call 02-258-1327.

It reminded me of the setting and food offered by "Just One" Restaurant which is off Sathorn on Jusmag Soi. Lots of trees in an urban setting. :thumbup:

Lived on Suk 18 last year, the restaurant has been there for a while sounds like new owners.

A few other restauarants on 18 have closed, there was one named 3S on the same side as Rembrandt Hotel which was excellent, but has now closed.

• 3 weeks later...

the restaurant before lean on tree was closed for about 6 months.

I eat there couple of times a week.

lean on tree food is good, small portions, very cheap, not to spicy.

farang food (try the sole) is nice too.

clearly rembrandt/windsor orientated.

seldom have a bill there over 200 baht.

lush garden settings and nice staff (the dark skinned thai waitress has this classical look)

they are adding a spa pretty soon.

the one opposite (next three) is serving huge portions, and is quite nice. they are delivering too.

3S is sadly gone, the whole road is blocked off.

Archived