Bang Kwang revisited, Big Tiger update

SiLeakHunt

I remember the "case" (bad pun intended) as well. The Israeli got caught because in true Hitchkockian fashion, the towels he used to wrap the body parts before placing them in the suitcase were embossed with the name of the hotel in which he and his previously intact wife were staying.

Some Thais saw him tossing the suitcase into the Chao Phraya River and hoping for a contraband windfall of some type,fished it out and opened it. I would liked to have seen their faces when they realized what they had.

It didn't take the Police long to track the Perp down. I believe they caught him at the Airport about to board a flight back to the Land of Milk and Honey.

Also caught him on the hotel CCTV with the big cases -- as I recall the guy killed her, then went down to the market and bought two big knives, and returned to the room. He dropped the cases separately, I think, and different pieces were found in various khlong locations at surprising distances from each other. Pictures of the head, etc, were printed in Thai newspapers, of course.

Nice lunch buffet at the Prince, but after that, don't feel much like stepping in there.

Life sentence, pretty steep for what I recall might've been an argument gone awry, though maybe my memory's gone flat (which is possible - just the other day I found myself hardly able to remember the name of the 83rd BG I'd been with!).

For this guy, however, it's probably not the length of the sentence that will count in the end -- it's how much of it they're going to make him spend in Thai prison before they send him on home.

Archived